What's new

google places updates

findtim

Top Contributor
we have started to get this email
-------------
Hello from Google,

We’re making some changes to Google Places for Business and Google Maps so that we can continue to provide people with the best experience when they’re looking for local businesses like yours.

As part of this process, we need you to review and confirm some of the information in your Google Places account. It’s very quick — shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes. Without a confirmation from you, we can’t guarantee that we will be able to keep showing the following listings after February 21, 2014.

-------------------
and then they list the domains of concern below that with instructions on what needs doing.
----------------
basically google is making the WORLD login most likely to clear out the old listings.
I wonder if this will become a yearly event if you do not log into the account, once again google forcing you to use google features.
note for trekkies: borgle, you will comply, resistance is useless

tim

helloworld

Top Contributor
The timing on this was really weird. I've been having places/local update issues, complained and next time I logged in to see if it was fixed the GUI had changed. Been a long work in progress but overall much better.

Recommend you review the images displayed on brand search as they pretty much need to be high res now

findtim

Top Contributor
The timing on this was really weird. I've been having places/local update issues, complained and next time I logged in to see if it was fixed the GUI had changed. Been a long work in progress but overall much better.

Recommend you review the images displayed on brand search as they pretty much need to be high res now

can you expand on this images, what is your definition of "high res" in pixels eg: 600px x 600px at 72 dpi ? or higher? as whats the point, 99% of the world is still on 72dpi monitors !

GUI !!! , its like waking up to a new wife every morning !!!! sometimes its good sometimes its bad.

tim

Alex

Top Contributor
Can someone explain the important of Google places in regards to SEO? Like if not a a brick and motor (only online) does it matter?

helloworld

Top Contributor
The definition is big images Timmo.

Places take ranking spaces therefore appropriate part of you're strategy depending on niche.

findtim

Top Contributor
Can someone explain the important of Google places in regards to SEO? Like if not a a brick and motor (only online) does it matter?

no bricks and mortar is a real bummer, especially for you as you want the whole of australia not just a local listing, so for hipster just forget it and spend your time on organic and content

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member