What's new

Google PageRank Update

helloworld

Top Contributor
Yep noticed my main site is now pr 3 instead of 2 which is good! Looking forward to finishing my new design, should get another boost with about 10x the content

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Did anyone else receive any "rewards" from the big G?

My site jumped from a PR0 to a PR3 (12 weeks old) and had very minor work done to it.

A client of mine jumped to a PR7 - very happy with that!

DavidL

Top Contributor
Few jumps around for me. Unfortunately one PR6 moved to a 3 and another PR6 moved to a 5 (although how the hell the first one was ever a PR6 is beyond me - had a weak-ass backlink profile as far as I could see!)

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
My client mentioned above managed to take on a couple of government contracts in and around the Sydney area; backlinks from those websites are a mint! Being a .gov.au and all.. :)

James

Top Contributor
Yeah few up and down, don't really worry about PR too much like I did 5 years ago, still an ok metric for crawl rate and overall page evaluation on the fly. But I tend to mix it up with various metrics these days.

Yeah if you have .gov/ .EDU even .MIL contracts you can make some good acquisitions, even if you don't you can come up with a strategy to acquire these high level target links, but its not easy takes a lot of back and forth.

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
I'm not saying that PR is as good as what it was 2+ years ago. However it's a great way to measure a websites authority with Google.

In all honesty, I still use PR as a factor with building links, but it's obvious that PR is not as important as what it was.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I'm not saying that PR is as good as what it was 2+ years ago. However it's a great way to measure a websites authority with Google.

In all honesty, I still use PR as a factor with building links, but it's obvious that PR is not as important as what it was.

Yeah I agree - certainly shouldn't be dismissed. Show me a PR8 that isn't a kick-ass authoritative site or a PR0 that is a authoritative site.

BTW if anyone has a few hundred (or thousand) sites they want to run a PR check on, PM me and I can put it through a tool i have and get results back in a few mins.

James

Top Contributor
Didn't say PR wasn't still a decent way to look at authority on the fly, but in the overall scheme of things I wouldn't limit myself just to PR. But as I said 5 years ago people were more concerned with PR, people use to go on about it all day.

seolyka2

I also don't worry much about PR because it's not as important as what it was. Though when building links, I still consider it along with other factors such as domain authority, content quality, the relevancy of the page, how the site/page is optimised, the quality and quantity of the outbound links of the page etc.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo