What's new

Google Layout Update

CyberClick

Top Contributor
Last week my natural #1 rank results started showing business contact details alongside ABOVE the Google places list. Has since disappeared.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Well it yes it has changed. Not sure if it is really for the better?

My $0.02 is why keep making so many changes all the time? Like if I did these kind of tweaks for my clients, they would get sick of it quick.

Why not hold off the release and then introduce something worthwhile?

Can't really see that value at this stage.

Am I missing something?

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Well it yes it has changed. Not sure if it is really for the better?

My $0.02 is why keep making so many changes all the time? Like if I did these kind of tweaks for my clients, they would get sick of it quick.

Why not hold off the release and then introduce something worthwhile?

Can't really see that value at this stage.

Am I missing something?

I agree with your reply Peter; I don't understand why - however what I do know is that I do NOT like the new layout... it seems harder to read, or it may just be me.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Is anyone getting different results from Chrome and Firefox?

In local search in Chrome I am seeing top rankings as directory style pages i.e. truelocal & yellowpages. Then it's all google places listings.

In Firefox it seems to be business as normal. This could be then end of SEO for local. So sick of google

petermeadit

Top Contributor
There are so many new things now, changing too fast.

Like G+ data turning up on SERPs which was not meant to be the case. Its like trying to guess what will happen next.

I thought they might do this though, because of Facebook's new Graph Search, it must really be a threat to them I'd say.

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Is anyone getting different results from Chrome and Firefox?

In local search in Chrome I am seeing top rankings as directory style pages i.e. truelocal & yellowpages. Then it's all google places listings.

In Firefox it seems to be business as normal. This could be then end of SEO for local. So sick of google

Try adding &pws=0&gl=au to the end of your URL string. This removes any personalised/cached data in your browser (you can adjust the "au" to "us" for example if you're only wanting to see US based results)

Reactions: Oz.

Oz.

Top Contributor

bunstar

Top Contributor
i hate the last change they made where they moved the shortcut on the left for Australian pages only to a menu option under search tools.

Shane

Top Contributor
Has this latest change been rolled out to everyone? I'm not noticing any differences...

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Must've been a test; I'll track down my screen shots later and post them.

Essentially what Google did was;

- adjust the fonts of SERP titles, descriptions & the green URL
- adjust the size of the green URL (to a larger/bolder size)
- adjusted the yellow/bronze colour for Adwords placements (to stand out more)

I didn't like it to say the least; and I'll be happy as larry so long as they don't bring it back.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Interesting that they adjusted (to make larger) the green URL text.
Ad box... One shouldn't be surprised.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member