What's new

Google index graph

Shane

Top Contributor
I'm hoping that some of the Google experts on here can help me out with this...

I just looked at the below graph in Webmaster Tools for the first time ever, and it appears that something strange has happened within the last month:

As you can see, the total pages crawled had a massive jump (despite the fact that I haven't changed the frequency of adding content) and the "Not Selected" pages also had a corresponding jump.

According to Google the "Not Selected" pages refer to pages that are substantially similar to others.

Although a lot of the content on my site is based on similar subjects, it is all unique content written by me.

Any ideas on why I would have this sudden and massive jump within a one month period?

In terms of rankings, I have lost a few places during this time, but the site is still ranking well for plenty of strong terms.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. :)

Cheers
Shane.

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Hard to give any advice without seeing the website for ourselves. But... have you recently made any changed to SEO plugins etc that may be removing noindex for category/tag pages - just an idea.

Ashman

Top Contributor
The site is traderisk.com.au

It's all hard coded, so there are no category or tag pages, SEO plugins etc.

Cheers

Off topic but it's a nice looking website, very clean and easy to use.

You need to add a 301 redirect to the sub domain www because your site can be accessed with and without the www.

jam

Top Contributor
My guess is google has crawled traderisk.com.au and www.traderisk.com.au hence why "ever crawled" has doubled. The duplicate pages have been removed and are included in the "Not Selected".

The above is just an assumption.

I would suggest making traderisk.com.au redirect to the www.

Edit: Noticed Ashman mentioned the above.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member