What's new

Google hates wordpress

helloworld

Top Contributor
I have a theory and that is that Google hates wordpress.

I ran a test

1st EMD. 480 exacts, WP, thin content. Only longtails rank

2nd EMD 590 exacts, Other Opensource [code heavy], ranks for EMD. Thin content, isn't even a question it has FA content.

Thoughts?

Ashman

Top Contributor
I have a feeling that Google prefers HTML sites more so than CMS websites regardless of how well structured the CMS site is.

findtim

Top Contributor
I have a feeling that Google prefers HTML sites more so than CMS websites regardless of how well structured the CMS site is.

rubbish, html sites are DEAD, johno69 is right in that google just hates crap websites but as for creating a website wordpress or other mainstream CMS google loves.

google loves EASY, which means if it comes to your site and the code is a set standard it makes its job easier, wordpress etcccccc , joomla, studiopres etccc all know this so google likes then because they are playing by googles RULES.

build a site on old html or even old php without CSS and you are goneeeeeeeeeeee

ALSO, html website can't do the scalability quickly that is needed to produce many websites, just look at the recent infinateWP up date as an example of time saving.

I have lots of Wordpress sites that rank #1 for exact match
me too.

google loves CMS because it plays by ITS rules
tim

Shane

Top Contributor
rubbish, html sites are DEAD, johno69 is right in that google just hates crap websites but as for creating a website wordpress or other mainstream CMS google loves.

build a site on old html or even old php without CSS and you are goneeeeeeeeeeee

That hasn't been my experience Tim.

I have a mixture of HTML and Wordpress sites, and I haven't seen any difference in terms of rankings.

My biggest four sites are all 100% HTML and they generate annual revenue comfortably into the six figures for my business.

It's probably fair to say that my HTML skills are very (very!) ordinary too, but the sites look good on the outside, convert very well and give the client what they need.

I think your comment about Google disliking crap websites is more correct than them disliking all HTML sites.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
In my experience think wordpress sites are "more likely" to be penalised than think custom HTML websites.

That said I don't think Google penalises you for using wordpress. It's probably just a case of if you use wordpress AND your site has some other spam signals that they would look at you using wordpress at that stage as being an additional indicator that site is more likely spam.

And I think that stands to reason, a lot of spammers use wordpress precisely because it is so easy and simple and offers them scale.

Most custom HTML sites would be far less likely to have been developed for spam reasons given their higher cost of production.

That said, I still build most of my new sites on wordpress and they don't have any issue ranking if they are decent quality sites.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think (without any techincal knowledge) that google likes wordpress because is a platform where original content can easily be added .....keeping all things fresh

James

Top Contributor
Its not word press that is going to get hit, it is the basic stock template that your site and 10 million other sites use that a search quality rater will deem to be poor quality that is if the content on the site is also poor quality.

that been said you can run a great custom site off Wordpress.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Ummm yeah so anyway, obv I am back. Just also wanted to follow up on this thread.

Well my theory went out the window. I now have no idea what is going on. While the site the prompted me to make this thread continues to grow in ranks, 3rd organically other sites with more specific short tail keywords have not done the same. The main site still has little content, 0 links, 0 PA or DA

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member