What's new

Google first page in one day

silouette

Not bad, www.switchmyloans.com.au from wordpress site build to first page of Google second spot in 24 hours or less.

Not bad wonder if the domain name will go up in value now?

www.lflaustralia.com.au www.bush-furniture.com.au www.mycarsale.com.au

silouette

keyword

keyword: switch my loans

Revenue: Well, after 24 hours probably zero! but is a wait and see thing. i keep them for a little while and if not worth the roi then i let them slide.

AlexBailey

Initial boost for new domains from Google? I see this a fair bit... anyone else?

Give it a few weeks or so and see where it's at.

findtim

Top Contributor
Initial boost for new domains from Google? I see this a fair bit... anyone else?

Give it a few weeks or so and see where it's at.

yes, i see this in what i do everyday, but i have seemed to counter act it by blogging about the new domain on some of my well aged domains.

you only need to be slightly close to the mark for it to hold eg: you could (fake) blog on a " doctor website blog " about say a product like window cleaner, as obviously doctors DO clean their front windows so it is still acceptable, BUT if that doctor blog has been online for 5 + years then google will pay attention to it

eg: "just thought we should mention that we are really happy using our window cleaner product XXXXXX which we purchase from www. blabla. com. au

i've found this technique REALLLLLY helps your new sites "stick"

tim

silouette

Switch

Hi Guys thanks for the comments and tips. i understand that it is only there when its exactly typed into the google search but im happy with that. Im still experimenting along the way. And of course learning still:eek:

marketingweb

Top Contributor
From a development / money making point of view, you might want to change your content a bit.

The first phrase on the site about Australia being the lucky country is not really going to attract anyone who is looking to switch loans, AND has also ended up in Google as the site description because you have either missed putting in a meta description tag, or have used a wordpress plugin that auto-generates these from the first text on the page.

Matt

snoopy

Top Contributor
Good lord, more of this nonsense about ranking on worthless keywords, it is a bit like telling people you bought a Mercedes then pulling out a match box car. Let's never mention Google rankings again and instead talk about revenue.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Good lord, more of this nonsense about ranking on worthless keywords, it is a bit like telling people you bought a Mercedes then pulling out a match box car. Let's never mention Google rankings again and instead talk about revenue.

C'mon snoopy, go easy on the newbies. This doesn't exactly make them feel welcome does it?

He's just learning after all..

soj

Founder
C'mon snoopy, go easy on the newbies. This doesn't exactly make them feel welcome does it?

Good point FPR.

Snoopy, some of your comments are great in relation to the art of domaining.

Some are controversial - particularly in relation to the .au space and values therein.

In fact I love it when you and DavidL go toe to toe (and I suspect a few others do too!)

But when it comes to newbies that are genuinely looking for guidance, it would be good if you could exercise a bit of patience and understanding please.

Of course, that request doesn't apply to any newbie who is disrespectful and think that they know it all. ;)

AlexBailey

As a newbie, I find Snoopy's overall demeanour on the forum more amusing than offensive.

Definitely somewhat brash at times, but I guess its understandable.
I will take real advice over being coddled any day of the week.

DNTrade has definitely been one of the most welcoming/enjoyable forums I have been on in a while.
Definitely appreciate all input/assistance, regardless of how blunt it is, haha.

Good point FPR.
In fact I love it when you and DavidL go toe to toe (and I suspect a few others do too!).
Seconded!

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
Good point FPR.

Snoopy, some of your comments are great in relation to the art of domaining.

Some are controversial - particularly in relation to the .au space and values therein.

In fact I love it when you and DavidL go toe to toe (and I suspect a few others do too!)

But when it comes to newbies that are genuinely looking for guidance, it would be good if you could exercise a bit of patience and understanding please.

Of course, that request doesn't apply to any newbie who is disrespectful and think that they know it all. ;)

Snoopy, give up domaining and start a religion as it seems you are always right and there is only one path to follow... yours

i agree with amusing rather then offensive, keep it up snoopy

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
the reason is that your domain name match with your targeted keyword..but it will not happen every time.

Well i'm on 100% so far after MANYYYYY domains and they have ALL stuck, the last time i did a bulk lot was 11 months ago and they are all still there so i'm continuing to head down that path until it stops.

tim

PS: there is no backward links to any off them until the client wants it developed and then create listings on google places, startlocal, aussieweb, truelocal and 3 of MY "aged domains"

snoopy

Top Contributor
the reason is that your domain name match with your targeted keyword..but it will not happen every time.

The reason it is ranking is because there is no competition. Aside from the discussion here and the site itself there is 6 instances of the phrase being used on Google.

I think Google wouldn't even be registering it as a search term, they probably think it is some made up brand so no surprise they'd rank a site all about this unknown term highly. What else are they going to rank?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo