1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Chrome

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shaun, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Shaun

Shaun Membership: Community

I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7.

I am now using Google Chrome as I am unable to install FireFox on Windows 7.

Although Chrome is clearly a Google product, it doesn't have the Google Toolbar plugin, so no page rank info avail, no viewing cached pages etc.

Very frustrating.

2. Link

Link Membership: VIP

I have been using Chrome since it was launched and there are some limitations to it - like the ones you mentioned.

Every now and then I'll come across a web page that has some functionality that Chrome doesn't handle very well, but that is quite rare.

On the whole I really like using Chrome - especially how fast it is. For my needs it suits me fine. If there is something I need to view in Firefox I always have a little internal groan. Chrome's probably not going to be for everyone, but I am more than happy to recommend it.

3. paz

paz Member

Hi Shaun,

I'm on my mates brand new laptop with windows 7 using firefox as we speak. Why is it that you cant install FF?

4. soj

soj Founder

I too am using Firefox on Windows 7, I just upgraded from Vista and Firefox worked perfectly. I have used Chrome a little bit at a mates place, but im not a big fan, it is very Googley, perfect for people who aren't too computer savvy.

5. djuqa

djuqa Membership: Trader

I love chrome so much I own CHROME.net.au

6. Shaun

Shaun Membership: Community

I can install it but then when I open it it says that FF has crashed and offers to restart, but then crashes all the time...

I figured it was a Windows 7 compatibility issue...

I have tried 3 separate occasions to install...

Any tips?

7. paz

paz Member

Not sure mate, is it the latest firefox? Try a RC version from the mozilla site :)

8. Rhythm

Rhythm Membership: VIP