What's new

google changes adwords again

findtim

Top Contributor
hey i'm the guy that sticks his head for chopping off but just got this email and MAN.... is this good news or bad news, i am sooo sick of having to go to clients and say " hmmm well its like this, google changed the rules so you have to pay me again and again and again" , how do others do it? do you say "this is the price but we can only guarantee it for ONE MINUTE " ???? as google might change its mind??

tim

------------------
Dear AdWords Customer,
We're making a policy enforcement change that could affect the performance of any AdWords campaign that uses sitelinks. If you use sitelinks now, or plan to use sitelinks in the future, please continue reading to understand the changes and suggested steps you can take to avoid any negative impact to your campaigns.
WHAT ARE SITELINKS
Sitelinks make your ads more valuable by showing additional direct links to specific web pages that you want to promote. Users get to specific destinations on your web site more quickly. And, on average, you'll see a higher click-through rate for your ads. That makes sitelinks a great way to improve your campaign performance. To see images or learn more about sitelinks, please see this AdWords Help Centre article http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/7I4hnZsHZN4oUunatq9nlf .
EXISTING SITELINKS POLICY
To ensure that users have a good experience with ad sitelinks, our existing policy requires each sitelink in a campaign to link to a different landing page URL with unique content on the landing page. That means a user can expect a meaningfully different landing page experience for each sitelink.
ENFORCEMENT CHANGE
Recently, we've noticed an increase in the number of sitelinks created with the same landing pages or the same content. So in the coming month, we will begin more proactive enforcement of our existing policy. Initially, we'll focus on new and recently changed sitelinks. As your ads are being served, our systems will verify that your sitelinks meet the policy standards.
Sitelinks that don't meet the standards will be restricted from appearing.
IMPACT ON PERFORMANCE
Having fewer eligible sitelinks could keep your ad from showing in the larger 2-line and 3-line formats, where more eligible sitelinks are required. Remember, larger formats are more visible and typically have higher average click-through rates (CTR). And if you don't have enough eligible sitelinks in your campaign, then your ads may not display sitelinks at all.
FUTURE ENFORCEMENT
We realise that manually checking and fixing duplicates for your existing sitelinks and landing pages might take some time and coordination. So we're delaying more proactive enforcement with existing sitelinks for a few months. But don't wait until the last minute. And remember, any sitelink that you add or change will be subject to proactive enforcement right away.
SUGGESTIONS WITH EXISTING SITELINKS
To increase the chances of having more sitelinks shown with your ads, we recommend having 6-10 unique sitelinks in each of your campaigns.
If you already have campaigns with sitelinks, we'd suggest reviewing each campaign to verify that it has 6-10 unique sitelinks. You'd probably want to start with the campaigns that show sitelinks most often. Usually, this would be a campaign with keywords like your business name and its best-known products and services.
Here's how you can work through this using the AdWords interface.
1. Log into the AdWords interface and click on the "Ad Extensions" tab.
2. Select "Sitelinks Extensions" from the drop down menu.
3. Sort your sitelink extensions by impressions or clicks by clicking on the column header.
4. Click on each sitelink in the top campaign and follow it through to its landing page (there's no charge for these clicks).
5. Fix any duplicates you find in each campaign by hovering over the extension area and clicking the pencil icon.
QUESTIONS?
For more information about sitelinks policy, please visit the AdWords Help Centre
http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/3OCNLxgUazWfswWIpLZD98 .
You can also contact AdWords support with questions about this policy change or anything else related to AdWords
http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/3pUHmWrtvCfdBejxPiYqDc .
Thanks for your help keeping ad sitelinks unique and valuable for end users. We wish you continued success with AdWords.
Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team
(C) 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You've received this mandatory service announcement email to update you about important changes to AdWords that could impact your account.

snoopy

Top Contributor
is this good news or bad news, i am sooo sick of having to go to clients and say " hmmm well its like this, google changed the rules so you have to pay me again and again and again" ,

Well if the explanation to clients is that google has changed the rules that wouldn't be accurate, from that email what Google looks to be doing is enforcing existing rules. So I don't think there is much to complain about and the explanation to clients probably needs to be that their ads when created were against google's policies and now need to be changed.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member