What's new

Google Apps For Business Feedback/Reviews

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I was just wondering if anyone here had opted to move their (or a client's) internally hosted email to a service like Google Apps for Business?

I was just wondering what the pros and cons were of moving a SME with around 20 - 50 employees to a cloud service like this.

All feedback and insights are appreciated.

Shane

Top Contributor
We use Office 365 for our hosted email. Easy to setup, relatively cheap and nice to be able to use either the desktop or browser versions of Outlook depending on each of our staff member's needs.

James

Top Contributor
I have a client on Google Apps for Business it seems to be a pretty good service.

I personally have some of my emails on Office, yet I am thinking about moving to Google Apps for business just because it is better for what I need.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Thanks for the comments so far guys.

We use Office 365 for our hosted email. Easy to setup, relatively cheap and nice to be able to use either the desktop or browser versions of Outlook depending on each of our staff member's needs.
Did you consider Google Apps when making the switch to Office365? Were you previously on an internally hosted mail server?

In hindsight, was their anything that you wish you had of known prior to making the move to the cloud?

I have a client on Google Apps for Business it seems to be a pretty good service.
Can I ask what sort of business do they run and what they are using their email for?

I only ask because my client have a number of employees that interact heavily with customers via email throughout the sales/quoting process. So email is vital.

Just signed up for office365, haven't used it yet. Nice to get your feedback Shane
Don, I'd love to hear your thoughts of Office 365 once you have made the switch.

Did you review Google Apps? If so, what made you choose Office365 over Google Apps for Business?

Joel

Top Contributor
I have a client using Google Apps with around 10-15 users and they swear by it. They've been using it for around 4 or 5 years for all email, and more recently they've moved all internal documents to drive.

I also personally use a business account and it's been great. The one thing I'm not a big fan of is their management of contacts as I've had a few issues but it may be user error too :)

I can't comment on Office365 as I've never used it.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I have a client using Google Apps with around 10-15 users and they swear by it. They've been using it for around 4 or 5 years for all email, and more recently they've moved all internal documents to drive.

I also personally use a business account and it's been great. The one thing I'm not a big fan of is their management of contacts as I've had a few issues but it may be user error too :)

I can't comment on Office365 as I've never used it.
Thanks for the feedback.

Is it still free? It used to be free for businesses if under 50 users.
No it is $5/month/user - so it's reasonable value.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo