What's new

Google adsense placements

djuqa

Top Contributor
In a recent thread, I posted a comment regarding Adsense ad placements and Official guidelines.
To assist the dnTRADERS that still place adsense ads almost at random.
1/ Try to pick a size and style that fits the site, 'One Size doesn't fit all'
2/ Often 2 is better than 3 ads, just because google allows 3 ad units doesn't mean google can find enough relevant ads to fill 3 ad units.

Now the biggy
{the one most minisites developers get wrong}
3/ Privacy and contact pages
MUST NOT HAVE ADSENSE ADS PLACED ON THEM.
This was advised to me direct from the Google Adsense section themselves.

On the subject of privacy policies, they are a requirement also.

djuqa

Top Contributor
One of the many reasons I prefer using Joomla! for minisite creation which allows me to specify easily the pages the modules (i.e. Ads) appear on.
Wordpress widgets appear on all pages unless some code - hacking or custom widgets are used.

johno69

Top Contributor
Wordpress widgets appear on all pages unless some code - hacking or custom widgets are used.

The 30 seconds it takes to install a plugin to handle this is worth it to give you the other benefits wordpress has over Joomla.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Have you ever considered that you get so caught up in policy and T's and C's and all that crap to the detriment of your business?

I mean what's the worst that could happen if you have Adsense on your Contact Us page? Google *may* (very unlikely I would think) send a notification but that's about it.

Just relax, drop the CAPS and think about progressing your business is my advice :)

djuqa

Top Contributor
Progressing my business ??
Maybe should I become a Second-hand car dealer or failed realestate salesman like most dnTRADERS
Worst case scenario
A client had their entire account closed because of their refusal to remove the ads from their contact pages.
I take careful note of ALL T&C's because any business plan / model is nothing if it can't operate because of some T & C infringement.
My main internet business is MINISITES and related products.

payattention

Archived Member
One of the many reasons I prefer using Joomla! for minisite creation which allows me to specify easily the pages the modules (i.e. Ads) appear on.

It's pretty straight forward to select which widgets to display on which pages/posts. I think most people know not to display Adsense on contact or privacy policy pages but as DavidL said, they're unlikely to ban you for this but rather send an automated warning message. If your client refused to remove the ads from those pages, it's no surprise his account was banned. I'd wager it was based on your advice LOL.

I think you post all this rubbish in defense of your joomla minisite business as without that, you're probably up shit creek if you can't manage wordpress widgets.

djuqa

Top Contributor
his account was banned. I'd wager it was based on your advice LOL.
Haha Client had his sites banned, then sought me through mutual clients to solve his problems.
I think you post all this rubbish in defense of your joomla minisite business
My minisite business is 80% Joomla!, I also offer WP, DRUPAL and Custom solutions.
I use joomla! because it is the best CMS, not because it is the only CMS I can use.
you're probably ???? if you can't manage wordpress widgets.
I do know wordpress widgets and have programmed several custom ones. I just prefer to use wp for blogs only.

I offer this advice to HELP dnTRADERS develop their own minisites, NOT to get them to use my Minisite Business.

djuqa

Top Contributor
Best == Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent:
Most used == Greatest Number

Learn some basic concepts of English superlatives.

I have no problem with people using Wordpress. I do have a problem with people thinking it is the ONLY solution to website creation. I regularly use multiple CMS solutions where there is a NEED to use something that a particular site / client requires.
Even that site quoted acknowledges that there has been sites that migrated FROM Wordpress to Joomla!

johno69

Top Contributor
Best == Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent:
Most used == Greatest Number

Learn some basic concepts of English superlatives.

You are saying this because you lack the required skills to use wordpress. All of your sites you've made in Joomla are total poo to put it nicely.

I have no problem with people using Wordpress. I do have a problem with people thinking it is the ONLY solution to website creation. I regularly use multiple CMS solutions where there is a NEED to use something that a particular site / client requires.
Even that site quoted acknowledges that there has been sites that migrated FROM Wordpress to Joomla!

I don't care what you use because you will continue to keep pumping out total shit no matter what you use.

But whatever.. keep up the good work champ.

johno69

Top Contributor
Yes my WP site can never be as good as Yours

I do agree with you there. Yours looks like a dogs breakfast, and my 20 mins work looks like a gambling themed website you'd expect to see when you visit such a domain..

Nice trying though.

If you are looking for feedback just ask.

johno69

Top Contributor
OK your thoughts on this average looking site.

Was exactly as the client asked for, and she is over the moon with it. Still again, looks better to me than your "decisions" website you posted.

I built that site in about 20 minutes while she sat beside me and watched.

I get it though, you love your work, so you should just be happy.

Have a great day xx

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
Was exactly as the client asked for

I get it though, you love your work, so you should just be happy.

Have a great day xx
Exactly. I don't normally rubbish your clients sites so why do think you needed to dump on mine. My clients ask for and get EXACTLY want they want for a reasonable price just like you do for your clients.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo