What's new

goodification.com.au

findtim

Top Contributor
just shows you that you can hand reg a crap name but throw a few million at it in traditional media to make it work.

www goodification dot com au from KFC, it redirects to youtube that then shows you their tv adverts.

my point: we talk about the value of a domain eg: goodification.... if i put it up for domain appraisal it would get slammed.

dare i say dnt.com.au would also get slammed if it wasn't what it NOW is.

opinions?
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
just shows you that you can hand reg a crap name but throw a few million at it in traditional media to make it work.

www goodification dot com au from KFC, it redirects to youtube that then shows you their tv adverts.

my point: we talk about the value of a domain eg: goodification.... if i put it up for domain appraisal it would get slammed.

dare i say dnt.com.au would also get slammed if it wasn't what it NOW is.

opinions?
tim

You've missed the mark completely,

Development in the real world usually has little do with domains. For domainers starting with a bad domain though is an obvious problem.

To be bad at the thing you supposedly know a lot about pretty much guarantees failure. So when domainers talk about domains being not that important, well that is fine for people who have other skills but very bad for those domainers.

If anyone here spent millions promoting "goodification.com.au", the end result would 50 cents in the back pocket and a very angry wife. For the colonel it may well be a wise business decision because the colonel is not in the business of making money from domains.

findtim

Top Contributor
You've missed the mark completely,

and you missed my point completely.

i wasn't talking about domainers starting with bad names

So when domainers talk about domains being not that important, well that is fine for people who have other skills but very bad for those domainers.

i've never claimed to be a domainer, i'm a developer and THUS sometimes the domain name does not matter. I have a domain that has consistantly made @ $40K p/a for the past 10 years and if i put it up for appraisal someone would say $25 bucks. The reason is it seems people go on some "metrics" program but don't realise the profit on just 1 sale.

I have another site i manage for a mate, it has about 3 visits a day ! it earns him 100K per annum, if you did your analysis on it you would come back with $25

i'm constantly amazed at how people make money via the web without "ranking" and i honestly believe that the power of google is going to deplete over the next 5 years, this is why they are into google+ and scared of facebook, qr reader apps for localised websites are/will be HUGE, so much so you won't give a hoot about your google ranking. you can create a followship to a nightclub from the front door QR scan, who needs google !

and if anyone thinks this "development" isn't going to effect the price of the "domainers" of this world then i hope you have a nice nest egg to sit on.

web development, apps, qr and facebook will seriously effect the price of domain name trading, and who knows whats next !
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
and you missed my point completely.

i wasn't talking about domainers starting with bad names

You are talking about putting names like goodification.com.au up for a appraisal and what people would say. The fact is the name really not worth worth anything except for all the money spent promoting it.

i've never claimed to be a domainer, i'm a developer and THUS sometimes the domain name does not matter. I have a domain that has consistantly made @ $40K p/a for the past 10 years and if i put it up for appraisal someone would say $25 bucks. The reason is it seems people go on some "metrics" program but don't realise the profit on just 1 sale.

I really doubt it is "the domain" consistently making 40k per year, if the domain was making that (as opposed to a website) then I'm guessing it would likely get some decent appraisals.

and if anyone thinks this "development" isn't going to effect the price of the "domainers" of this world then i hope you have a nice nest egg to sit on.

web development, apps, qr and facebook will seriously effect the price of domain name trading, and who knows whats next !
tim

You are officially on a tangent to the moon.

findtim

Top Contributor
"fact is the name really not worth worth anything except for all the money spent promoting it."

yeh, agreed, isn't that what i said???

"if the domain was making that (as opposed to a website)" how do you seperate the 2 ? does a blank domain page make money or does it make money once its a "website/homepage" , have i missed something here?

"You are officially on a tangent to the moon"

maybe you aren't as clued up as you make out.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
"if the domain was making that (as opposed to a website)" how do you seperate the 2 ? does a blank domain page make money or does it make money once its a "website/homepage" , have i missed something here?

You park the name.

If is it a developed site there is no need to separate the two, but it certainly isn't "a domain producing $xxx".

It is the same door/house analogy.

I have a property rented for 40k per year, therefore this is a door producing 40k per year? a kitchen producing 40k per year? a block of land producing 40k per year? If it isn't how do I separate it? You don't, the whole thing makes 40k, it is a property producing 40k.

payattention

Archived Member
Snoopy pretty much hit the nail on the head (again).

I'd add it's a terrible name for such a promotion - people might remember the name but good luck if you expect them to know how to spell it.

findtim

Top Contributor
Snoopy pretty much hit the nail on the head (again).

I'd add it's a terrible name for such a promotion - people might remember the name but good luck if you expect them to know how to spell it.

i often wonder how these advertising "gurus" get these ideas passed by the companies.

tim

djuqa

Top Contributor
The term "goodification" was first used by "US president George BUSH" not Yum! Brands RSC (Owner of the KFC Brand) & Collins Food International (Master Franchisee for Australia).

Plus without the Company , marketing, business success, and traffic exactly how much would GOOGLE.com be valued at?

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
The term "goodification" was first used by "US president George BUSH" not Yum! Brands RSC (Owner of the KFC Brand) & Collins Food International (Master Franchisee for Australia).

Plus without the Company , marketing, business success, and traffic exactly how much would GOOGLE.com be valued at?

the google arguement is really what i was saying at tthe start

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members