1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye and thank you!

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by Cheyne, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Cheyne

Cheyne Membership: Community

Hi DNTraders,

After nearly 8 years of financial sponsorship and hosting of the DNTrade forums, we regret to announce that we will be terminating our agreement in the near future.

To avoid the unnecessary speculation that will likely follow, this isn't a decision that we have taken lightly and we contemplated doing it many months ago, but we feel that these forums no longer positively represent the industry in which they were created for and have deteriorated to the point where it is now becoming a detriment to our brand by being associated with them.

The views expressed by a certain group of members on these forums (which consists of less than 10 people in total) do not align with 99% of domain name registrants or the Australian internet community at large. The truth is that most people, including most domain name registrants, don't care about this industry because they are busy running their own businesses and being involved in their own industries, and for this group to continue to boldly proclaim that they represent every domain name registrant is a fallacy of their own making.

This group only seeks to advance their own cause, mostly for their own financial benefit - which they are entitled to do - but we will no longer support the platform that allows their cut-and-paste propaganda to continue.

I want to say a big thank you to Ned, Chris and Calie, for allowing us to be a part of these forums in their glory days, and wish you all the best with your future endeavours.

2. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

You’ll be missed!

DomainNames likes this.
  3. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

Create the problems and then whinge when people complain and try to mute Whistleblowers....

Threatening to cut financial sponsorship unless Forums mute Whistleblowers who know the truth and the facts and who dare to speak out....

snoopy likes this.
  4. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Cheyne,

Blaming a few is cop-out; You brought criticism against your own brand through actions detrimental to the OBJECTS of auDA.

Supply Side is not even represented on the CMWG, and that says a lot about your commitment to a problem you caused; now I see you gloating about reform outcomes because you signed up your employees to stack the membership [clap,clap,clap].

After 7 years of being a VentraIP customer, I will also migrate my business away from you.

Regards, Scott

DomainNames and Bacon Farmer like this.
  5. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Looking to do the same (Synergy Wholesale) - any recommendations?

DomainNames likes this.
  6. snoopy

Agree, what domainer in their right mind would continue to use them after they have stacked demand class? People should be supporting domainer friendly registrars, not those who seek to undermine domaining.

The reason why they aren't sponsoring is because it longer makes financial sense and they've timed it as a pre-SGM stunt. They've burnt the bridge to domainers and they are avoiding all questions about their stacking.

The only good thing they ever did was when Angelo called out direct registrations as a cash grab.

DomainNames likes this.
  7. snoopy

Drop.com.au, or do you want hosting?

DomainNames and Scott.L like this.
  8. Bacon Farmer

Bacon Farmer Membership: VIP

Take your bat and ball then.

Talk about being a detriment to his own brand.

You have no integrity, you claim to support local but have no scruples about backing the foreign takeover of auDA. Care to correct this claim? No? I didn't think so.

DomainNames likes this.
  9. Andrew Wright

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I want easy COR's, at the same price I pay for registration. Is this available at Drop.com.au?

DomainNames likes this.
  10. Bacon Farmer

Bacon Farmer Membership: VIP

After 8 years of financial sponsorship I have now got a more lucrative arrangement... signing up my employees as demand members. How much did you get?

joshrowe likes this.
  11. Cal

Cal Administrator

We are sorry to hear this Cheyne. We’d like to take the opportunity to thank Synergy Wholesale and VentraIP for their sponsorship and support of DNTrade over the years. We understand there are many opinions at play and appreciate that you need to do what’s right for you. Wishing you all the best.

Rhythm likes this.
  12. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

Making a statement like this surely is not normal practice IMO.

How do you pronounce your name btw ?(genuinely curious)

13. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

Drop.com.au
    Onlydomains.com are good

14. trellian

trellian Membership: Community

Hi All,

We can definitely offer good rates on registrations/renewals and CoR for anyone that is looking. Just reach out to us.

Cheers
    David

Andrew Wright, DomainNames and snoopy like this.
  15. Andrew Wright

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks David - I've been in contact with Drop customer care and they've sorted my client out. They are happy to move to a registrar that a) offers competitive rates and b) supports domainers. I would encourage any other domain portfolio owners to move their domains to Drop.com.au - a company that appreciates domain investor's business. It's worth noting that Drop.com.au have been a sponsor of DNTrade for longer than Ventra/Synergy.

snoopy, Bacon Farmer, Scott.L and 2 others like this.
  16. nt81

nt81 Membership: Community