1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

godady 20% renewal

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by findtim, Aug 25, 2016.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    sorry 20% OFF renewal, oops.
    i only have 1 domain with godaddy, got it for 99c last year ( this year normal price) so now i'm transfering it to my account elsewhere.
    when i hit transfer it asked me "WHY" , i ignored it then the next page said "wait" here's 20% off.
    so my suggestion is don't renew at godady, pretend to transfer first :)

tim

2. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    so i transfered out and they sent me a 25% off next purchase, i won't use it, foirst come first gets, here it is 25/8/16
    gdbbj1005
    tim

3. ErezY

ErezY Membership: Community

This is just a generic code that anyone can use.

Before I buy anything from GoDaddy (some SSLs, DNS services etc) I always google for codes and get up to 35% off from time to time. They are more strict these days, around 5 years ago I was getting up to 40% off new and renewal orders, now it seems that there are only discounts for new orders and not many for renewals.

4. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i've gotten sick of those sites, they just lie and many redirect you to some dodgy site with a virus etc

tim

5. ErezY

ErezY Membership: Community

Yeah, as I said they are not so good these days. A good, paid, up to date anti-virus is always recommended. That ransomware virus it hot at the moment... :(