What's new

Go Away.... Whorush

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Hi there i have logged onto my site animalinsurance only to find some company called 'whorush' offering information (which is wrong) about my adsense id

I can only assume that is somehow associated with adsense as it is placed just above the ads

Has anyone else had this happen to them ?? and what did you do ?

Gotta admit it was the last thing i expected to see and it makes the site look crappy

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Honan was able to point out to me it is a plugin called 'seoquake' which is a really handy tool but if it does this obviously not worth the bother ...... i did just find a 'disable option' but it is still there so next step it to delete the plugin although i may send off an email and ask how i can keep the plugin but 100% get rid of that junk

thanks

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
This is why when I see an issue like this I test it in another browser etc to see if it's just 1 browser/just your browser or whatever

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
this was added through firefox and that's why i was surprised to see it on explorer which i have gone back lately after the last version of firefox kept freezing and it is only now that i have just uploaded the latest version of firefox

strange it only appears on one particular site ?

probably delete the plugin tomorrow

joe

Top Contributor
so this is a wordpress plugin or a browser plugin? i'm confused...

i can't fathom how a browser plugin would show this info to anyone who doesn't have it.

If it's a wordpress plugin (and you really want to keep it) you should be able to dig around in the plugin files and cut out the bit that displays this info. If you can find something like '<div class="seoquake-adsspy"' then comment out the code around it.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
this was a plugin via firefox and yes i am dumbfounded to think it can overtake a website without being set to be able to ?

........bad karma

jam

Top Contributor
Spacey, have you at any time edited that theme?

If you change your wordpress theme to the default theme is it still there?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Yes this is plugin

regarding the theme i have butcherd the sidebar with ads but other than that i cannot think of anything else

Now here is the thing i have dissabled/removed the pluging and that crap remains so i am about to logon and try the standard theme which is not a longterm option and i may have to insert johno69's code to get rid of it

http://www.seoquake.com/

Update: .........remains with standard theme

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I don't understand either.

It's showing in Firefox, IE9, Safari & Chrome on your site.

BUT, add this to your css and it wont display.

Code:
.seoquake-adsspy {
    display: none;
}

I have a few different option regarding css

rtl stylesheet
visual editor stylesheet
stylesheet
plus one other

I am guessing the one with just 'stylesheet'

The next question would be 'where' on the page .................thanks

Last edited:

joe

Top Contributor
I have a few different option regarding css

rtl stylesheet
visual editor stylesheet
stylesheet
plus one other

I am guessing the one with just 'stylesheet'

The next question would be 'where' on the page .................thanks

yep stylesheet (style.css)

you should be able to insert it just about anywhere, at the very end of the file would be fine

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
SUCCESS ....!!!!!!

big thanks people

disclaimer ...................don't trust the tools Morgan Linton recommends (morganlinton.com)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member