What's new

Giving Prices on Domain Enquiries?

chris

Top Contributor
An interesting article by Elliot Silver about responding to requests for pricing on domains.

I regularly receive price requests for domain names I own, but I don’t always give prices when asked. One of the major reasons why I am sometimes reluctant to give a price is that I don’t want a “prospect” to take my price and try to sell my domain name to someone else before he or she buys it.

It brings up a few good questions and discussion on front running:

http://www.domaininvesting.com/be-cautious-about-giving-prices/

Make sure you read the comments too, it's something I think we'll continue to see a lot more discussion on as more people target high value domains.

atom

Administrator
Interesting article. I'm always unsure of replying to low ball emails or offers. I know negotiations need to start somewhere, but it can get annoying so I usually ignore them. As one of the comments says, it's usually always from an anonymous Gmail account.

findtim

Top Contributor
i had $50 offers sell for $xxxx so ? i do reply and ask for more info about them first i generally say " hi, i don't normally reply to gmail addresses but if you could send me some extra info about yourself then we could talk about the domain.
if they aren't willing to do that then problem solved but you didn't miss a chance

tim

FPForum

That's a strategy I haven't really tried before. Interesting read I may have to put this to the test and see if it yields and different results

findtim

Top Contributor
on the opposite side. when i am buying i come straight out, no use mucking @.
"hi, my name is tim .......... from melbourne, ABN, 333 555 666 88, i'm in the industry looking for a name like this, i don't really have a figure in mind but would like a "ball park" so i can reply yes. maybe soon or sorry just to much.
thankyou and i appreciate your time"
---- i'm surprised how often i don't get a reply ?????????
to me thats a dream email.
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads