What's new

Geo domain development

Shane

Top Contributor
Is anyone doing okay out of geo domain development?

Not so much suburbproduct.com, but just suburb.com

I have a few sites (and plenty of domains) which are profitable and making around $20 a month with zero ongoing work, but I'm sure I could/should be doing better.

I'd be keen to share tips with anyone else in this space.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yeah me too

My biggest is hobart.com.au. Just cracked the first page on google but I still feel its underachieving.

Don, you are the man. Any wisdom for us?

geodomains

Top Contributor
Geo domains can be an addiction as I just love to have them in my portfolio.

Not a big fan of suburb domains, always had geo domains in holiday area's that are easy to sell accommodation , tours and other forms of advertising.

Maybe some examples of geo domains you have would help.

Don

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Has anyone used the ATDW (Australian Tourism Data Warehouse). It's essentially a booking and information system that providers can hook up to (online bookings) and distributors can draw feeds from? It looks like Roam Free draw their data from it.

This site appears to be implementing it http://www.frasercoastholidays.info/ pretty easily.

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Has anyone used the ATDW (Australian Tourism Data Warehouse). It's essentially a booking and information system that providers can hook up to (online bookings) and distributors can draw feeds from? It looks like Roam Free draw their data from it.

This site appears to be implementing it http://www.frasercoastholidays.info/ pretty easily.

Sounds and looks great. Perhaps one prob with accom listings is there would be a significant proportion of people who would just go direct to the website or just phone up.

Any suggestions how to stop this

Shane

Top Contributor
One of mine is nundah.net which ranks on the first page for "nundah".

Traffic is very low, but the CPC is pretty healthy so it only takes a few clicks each week to give a nice ROI, especially since they take maybe an hour to setup with zero ongoing work.

JugglerX

For me, Geos / Travel are one of the few affiliate verticals that have been sustainable over several years.

My first affiliate work was in travel, I made alot through PPC. Over the years I tried many other verticals and offers, most went boom and bust.

I have since returned to travel and continue to focus on slow but consistent returns and building a network that is an actual asset, not just a bridge.

I dont have any pure geos: ie: suburb.com.au

I find it more realistic and probably as useful to go for suburbmodifier.com.au

I go only for commisions, i dont run adsense, directories etc

All content is unique and I try to give them a local flavour. There are a few angles left with travel geos but it takes time for them to flourish.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Sounds and looks great. Perhaps one prob with accom listings is there would be a significant proportion of people who would just go direct to the website or just phone up.

Any suggestions how to stop this

It's not hard to remove phone numbers or links from the feed if thats what you mean?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member