What's new

G'day

helloworld

Top Contributor
Hi Everyone,

First post!

Probably not the right thread, but I found myself here looking for information on .id.au domains as I have noticed a few businesses are now using these. Including resuturants, lawyer sites.

The rules on AUDA are quiet clear however I am wondering if this is now bit lax due to less people wanting to use these domains? I think I also read last night a dispute requires approx $2k -$5k which could be part of the problem?

soj

Founder
Probably not the right thread, but I found myself here looking for information on .id.au domains as I have noticed a few businesses are now using these.

G'day helloworld,

You're right - an intro thread isn't the right place for this one. :)

Perhaps you could tell us just a little about yourself / your domains etc so we can welcome you properly.

Then post your query on id.au domains (gasp!) here: http://www.dntrade.com.au/general-domain-discussion-f3.html

Thanks.

P.S. After 3 posts you can do signature links and post in the marketplace as well.

Hi Everyone,

First post!

Probably not the right thread, but I found myself here looking for information on .id.au domains as I have noticed a few businesses are now using these. Including resuturants, lawyer sites.

The rules on AUDA are quiet clear however I am wondering if this is now bit lax due to less people wanting to use these domains? I think I also read last night a dispute requires approx $2k -$5k which could be part of the problem?

Welcome HelloWorld, .id.au has been a bit of a fizzer, I wouldnt be operating a business from a .id.au, com.au and .net.au have better recognition amongst consumers and internet users.

helloworld

Top Contributor
G'day helloworld,

You're right - an intro thread isn't the right place for this one. :)

Perhaps you could tell us just a little about yourself / your domains etc so we can welcome you properly.

Then post your query on id.au domains (gasp!) here: http://www.dntrade.com.au/general-domain-discussion-f3.html

Thanks.

P.S. After 3 posts you can do signature links and post in the marketplace as well.

Hey,

A bit about me hey? I could write a book lol. Well, I am currently working for myself and trying to build my web hosting business. We also sell domains, but not our focus.

I am also branching out to local domain monetisation via seo. I can flip a site in about 24 hours to a standard my local businesses would be proud of.

I am also in the middle of a migration from 1tld to a .com.au. Still not sure if this is the best move, but most clients are from Australia anyway. I am freaking out about my rankings, but longterm it is probably for the best.

I am fairly obsessive about Internet business and talk about it nauseum to friends. That's me in a nutshell.

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Helloworld, welcome. If you target audience is Australian, you definitely want a .au! Good luck with the migration

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo