What's new

G'Day

Max

Top Contributor
Nice forum you guys have got here I hope that it goes well for all involved.

I have been involved in domains and websites for sometime, pre 2000.

I have some AU's. I had .com.au as a business website back in the Day when one could not register an AU without having a corresponding business name that matched the domain name even then that was hard to get as generic names were with-held by the governing aurthority (later on to be auctioned off by the AUDA (there was no first come first served basis) . Each State had and still has different regulations to register a business name that name was checked out before a domain name was allocated to a registrant. MelbourneIT was about the only place to go to reg AU domains. How things have changed over 9/10 Years. Back then i saw no future in the AU name space. Up until the rule changes i still didn't see it as being a highly viable option for selling it was only good for branding on a local and Country specific basis because Australia is such a small fish in a big pond compared to dot com, however things are looking up when forums such as this start to gain exposure to the AU business World (some day they will wake up to the power of a good domain name)

If you want any input that i can help with let me know, dont ask for me for appraisals, leave that to others ... Just keep in mind the domainers World can be a boulevarde of broken dreams. There are very few that make the big time in this business. One rule that a domainer should always follow is to keep your word on a deal. Domainers are a small and close knit bunch of people. Ruin your reputation and it will follow you around for as long as you are domaining (dont sh*** in your own backyard)

To be continued ...

Good Luck

Max.

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Hi max , it should be good to read your views ...... appraisals ????? yep pretty hard i think , i just consider it some fun and interesting to read other peoples views , basically if i reg a name , i am the only one that has to be happy i guess , so it's all good

DavidL

Top Contributor
Welcome Max! Good for you for getting in so early - I'm sure many of us wish that we did!

Did you snag any gems from those early days that you have held onto (or let go for that matter). Nice advice as well re deals...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member