What's new

GAME.com.au

neddy

Top Contributor
Interesting news item in The Age today by Ben Grubb.

The video game retailer GAME has today gone into voluntary administration in Australia, putting at risk the jobs of more than 500 employees that work across the retailer's 92 Australian stores.

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-li...-goes-into-administration-20120514-1ymey.html

If you have a look at their website, the Administrators have a banner plastered on the front page.

While they say it is business as usual, I think that "notice" will deter quite a few from buying anything online.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
While they say it is business as usual, I think that "notice" will deter quite a few from buying anything online.

Pretty sure they announced something like this a few months back. I remember thinking it was strange/dodgy they continued their EDM campaigns.

snoopy

Top Contributor
For a bricks and mortar store it is a very poor name I think. Actually I've never heard of it before, probably because I walked straight past without taking any notice on the way to EB.

Lucas

Top Contributor
For a bricks and mortar store it is a very poor name I think. Actually I've never heard of it before, probably because I walked straight past without taking any notice on the way to EB.

<sarcasm>Yeah what a crazy name for a shop that sells games. What were they thinking?</sarcasm>

payattention

Archived Member
Pretty sure they announced something like this a few months back. I remember thinking it was strange/dodgy they continued their EDM campaigns.

It was the UK business and most of us who follow gaming knew this was coming but the sad fact is that Diablo 3 comes out tomorrow, the most anticipated PC game of 2012 and they took pre-orders right up until the day before and then pulled the plug. I doubt it was anything but premeditated.

snoopy

Top Contributor
<sarcasm>Yeah what a crazy name for a shop that sells games. What were they thinking?</sarcasm>

"I eat at Cafe, they do great sandwichs"
"I get my tires fixed at Mechanic"
"I buy all my games from Game"
"I bought a new car from Car Dealer"

For real world stores using a generic makes no sense to me. I doesn't make for any real brand, there is no distinguishing factor at all in the name. For people who have never heard of the company before they probably wouldn't even understand the sentences above. Totally different to online where there is an extension on the end, search engine benefits & navigation benefits with descriptive name.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member