What's new

Freelancer - Worth it?

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Hi all,

So as I mentioned in another thread, I have had a fair bit of time off from my business and the industry, and am now starting again for the year. I'm aiming for 2013 to be my biggest year so far in regards to expansion and project volume, so I've been toying with new methods of gathering clients.

Anyone had any experience with freelancer.com? I've been toying with it over the last few days, but I am starting to think it could be a waste of time - due to the high amount of Asian and Sub-Continent freelancers, the prospective employers seem to be very, VERY tight with their prices and their requirements?

So my question is, is it worth looking at these kind of places or should I stick to the tried and true methods? :)

findtim

Top Contributor
you can't compete :(

i use elance dot com , you just can't compete and then pay aussie bills vs indian bills

what you can do is spend your time getting aussie clients and then getting the OS programmers to do the work, thus you become the middle man

i can tell you it works and almost every smart cookie in aus is doing it.

tim

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Yeh I thought as much, not a drama though.

I've thought about outsourcing in the past, but I'm a little pedantic with my work and would have not having complete control over it!

findtim

Top Contributor
Yeh I thought as much, not a drama though.

I've thought about outsourcing in the past, but I'm a little pedantic with my work and would have not having complete control over it!

think like this:

if you are a wedding cake person, do you harvest the sugar( domain reg )? the flour (php)? where does the water come from(emails)? , do you create the electricity or gas to heat the oven ? or the OVEN (hosting)? did you make the pan that the cake sits in (seo)? the "gladbake" to stop it sticking to the edges, did you make the icing sugar? the candles? create the marzipan? what about the food colouring ( css)

who delivered it? (google) , did you build that car ?

get over it , you are in control.

tim :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members