What's new

"For Sale" template

neddy

Top Contributor
Has anyone designed a template / web page for individual domains that they want to sell?

I currently park quite a few domains with a couple of parking providers, and utilise their "for sale" banners.

But I was thinking of doing my own specific sales / parking template, and wondered if anyone knew of some good examples?

A couple of online friends have specific sales templates. Here are their examples:

http://www.akronsiding.com/

http://graffitiremoval.co.uk/

neddy

Top Contributor
hi neddy

i would just post a job on guru.com and develop your own one. That way you can have it exactly as you want it for around $100

Thanks Erhan. I am getting one designed at the moment - I just wanted to see what else was out there. i.e. has anyone seen a domain advertised for sale on a page that really stood out to them?

I sent Neddy PM.

Nina

Thanks Nina - have responded.

neddy

Top Contributor
Here's something that would suit very well from themeforest :)

Thanks young Sparky - I've already had a look at a few from themeforest. And Nina sent me a link to a couple. (But I appreciate your post).

I was just interested to see if there were some real life examples out there.

jam

Top Contributor
Would there be an issue with using these on .com.au's?
I would think using one is asking for trouble...

nina

Top Contributor
There is an extended license you can purchase for 300.00 which means you can use it on as many sites as you own.

It does look good but has a few quirks in getting it up and running, however, once you resolved one, it would no be an issue after that.

Nina

djuqa

Top Contributor
Would there be an issue with using these on .com.au's?
I would think using one is asking for trouble...

Why would there be any trouble?
Aussie Names can be Offered for Sale using any template that you wish.
Of course as long as the copyright and usage agreements are in order.

Jam, You do realise it is now OK to resell Aussie Names, even if only freshly registered.

jam

Top Contributor
Why would there be any trouble?
Aussie Names can be Offered for Sale using any template that you wish.
Of course as long as the copyright and usage agreements are in order.

Jam, You do realise it is now OK to resell Aussie Names, even if only freshly registered.

Yes, I know this.

If I buy a domain and put up the "For Sale" page straight away it would look like I bought the domain for the sole purpose of resale.

neddy

Top Contributor
If I buy a domain and put up the "For Sale" page straight away it would look like I bought the domain for the sole purpose of resale.

I agree - that could possibly contravene policy.

But that's not what I was asking. I've "owned" domains for years, and I'm just looking for a better solution than straight parking (with a small "for sale" banner in the corner).

I currently park quite a few domains with a couple of parking providers, and utilise their "for sale" banners.

But I was thinking of doing my own specific sales / parking template, and wondered if anyone knew of some good examples?

acheeva

Top Contributor
Ned; some parking companies offer a URL redirect on the for sale banner

This may not be the solution you are after; but if that redirect was to a mailing list software (aWeber, MailChimp etc) then you could have a branded registration of interest form & set up autoresponders

You would also be able to provide the opportunity of opt-in for future emails related to similar names / genres

neddy

Top Contributor
Ned; some parking companies offer a URL redirect on the for sale banner

This may not be the solution you are after ........

Thanks Greg - it's not really what I'm after.

I guess I'm not really explaining myself very well. :eek:

Basically, I want a "brand Ned" parking / sales template similar to the couple of examples I gave in my initial post - except with the addition of monetising each domain for the keyword/s of the domain.

As I said, I was just interested if anyone had come across similar examples.

But I'm in the process of experimenting with one that ticks all my boxes, so when it's ready, I'll post it here for comment. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo