What's new

Following .com trends to predict .com.au trends?

ttfan

Top Contributor
I've been reading a lot stuff on the Namepro forum. Although there is a lot of hype and what seems more like gambling to me, there is some good information too. I've been particularly interested in popular 2word .com domains.
Do you think it's useful to look at .com domain names that sell well, as a guide to predict that similar ones should sell well in the .com.au market?
I've seen quite a few 2 word .com domains being sold for $xxxxx figures, while the .com.au is still available. In some (most) cases I found that the .com domain was parked and not actually used, but it does imply a potential value, which may be applicable to the .com.au market?
Thoughts?

johno69

Top Contributor
The AU market is much much smaller, and the end users are so naive they generally don't see the value.
So with less "Domainers" chasing names due to market size, and end users thinking every domain is worth "$20" the AU market is a fair way behind the grand daddy .com

That's from my experience anyway. I've not had a lot of success without development.

snoopy

Top Contributor
You'll probably end up with a bunch of domains that work for the American market but not for the Australian market, or domain that are not really "big enough" to be worth something in .com.au, or domains that sold for fairly random reasons in .com. Be guided be search volumes, bids and potential endusers in Australia.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member