1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

flippa.com

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by DnEbook, Jul 2, 2009.

1. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

The old sitepoint website sales section is now at flippa.com

Fun to look at some of the sites for sale

2. soj

soj Founder

Yeh im not a fan of this, I liked it how it was before, I dont know why they are trying to move all their classifieds away, they did the same with their design competitions which have moved over to 99designs.com

3. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

i am reading complaints elsewhere as well, although some of the complaints are that they are now charging to list sites/names which i think reasonable for them to do because they offer a service. I was late to discover the older version 'sitepoint' so i just take it as is for now.

4. loho27

loho27 Membership: Community

I think they had to, the old site was full of templated domains, false stats, and questionable earnings.

By charging for the listings, it has reduced the volume a bit, but at least most of the scammers have gone.

I mean there would be 30 "directory sites" for sale at any point of time all with identical databases

regards