What's new

First timers!

neddy

Top Contributor
I guess like a lot of people on here, I often get asked by friends (or people that I meet) what I do for a living.

Over the past few years, I reckon I've enthused a few people to "stick their toe in the water" with regards buying some Aussie domains. :)

An example of this are my good friends John and Marg in Townsville. They're both in their mid to late 50's (but very young at heart). They've caught the bug,
and have hand registered four domains to date. One of them is actually quite a good name imho - and I was surprised it was available.

It is www.anticancerdiet.com.au

Anyway, I introduced them to johno69, and they have started having their first site built. Paul has done a great job so far, and they couldn't be happier.

It's still early days, and they are adding more content and waiting for their Adsense account to be approved etc.

But they are like kids in a toy store - and are so excited at this "new" opportunity ahead of them!

It's never too late to get started .......... :)

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Good on them. That is a nice story and I hope it does what they want it to do.

In regards to the Adsense. I heard/read that it is recommended for a site to be of at least 6 months old before putting Adsense on it. Any truth to that?

findtim

Top Contributor
neddy: what I do for a living.

i'm goign to start a thread on this topic as i think its a good one

http://www.dntrade.com.au/do-you-do-living-t5681.html?p=39857

blue wren: 6 months old before putting Adsense

i haven't heard that before, i think google just wants to grab the money ASAP. I put adsense on a NEW domain yesterday and today it is showing ads that DIRECTLY relate to the websites content so thats good !

tim

chris

Top Contributor
It is www.anticancerdiet.com.au

Anyway, I introduced them to johno69, and they have started having their first site built. Paul has done a great job so far, and they couldn't be happier.

Good on them, and good work Paul.

Cheers,
Chris

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Good on them. That is a nice story and I hope it does what they want it to do.

In regards to the Adsense. I heard/read that it is recommended for a site to be of at least 6 months old before putting Adsense on it. Any truth to that?

That's most likely if your a new publisher they can be picky sometimes

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member