1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

First time. Selling a .com.au domain

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Markz, Feb 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Markz

Markz Membership: Community

I would very much appreciate any advice on the below.
    If this was covered before, am sorry in advance for bringing the same topic back to life.
    I live in Australia, have ABN and have a few .com.au
    I've just got an offer for one of my .com.aus and hence I have never sold any .com.au before I'm not 100% sure what is the right way to do this.
    1) Do I need to charge them GST ? (I'm not registered for GST and don't have any businesses here, am just a guy with 9-5 job that had to get ABN to buy a few .com.aus; domaining is just like a hobby for me)
    2) They asked me for an invoice. I can, of course, come up with something using one of zillion templates available online but should I provide it to them? As I mentioned above, I don't run a domaining business and have never given any invoices to anyone in my life.
    Thanks a lot!
    Mark

2. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

If you aren't registered for GST because you are under the limit then I don't think you'd need to be adding it on. Ring the ATO to confirm.

Markz likes this.
  4. Markz

Markz Membership: Community

Thanks guys, much appreciated!