What's new

First online Order

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
This may come as a surprise to the seasoned shoppers out there but only last week was my first online purchase of a 'physical item' This was via jbhifi.com.au for a music dvd that i cannot get in store. Six days after the purchase and four days after receiving an email stating the item i been dispatched i went up to the post office to inquire about the dvd/item. They could not acknowledge my tracking number? So i chose to send a inquiry to jbhifi and within ten minutes i had received a phone call to further explain the time frame and that because this was a non store stock item it would in fact take longer.

I am left with two opinions, first is there should be an option for me to pick the item up at the post office, this was not offered for this particular purchase. However the second opinion is that a phonecall within ten minutes of lodging an inquiry is quite impressive and gives me confidence in the process

Has buying online always worked out for you ??

Cal

Top Contributor
Touch wood, I've always had success with buying products online and it's certainly an upward trend on my credit card :) I haven't yet purchased anything from JB HiFi online so haven't had your experience Spacey. For me as long as the shipping price is fair and return policy are good then it's got my thumbs up.

I think it's so much easier to shop around for the right price online and also saves me time trying to hunt the item down in store. As I tend to work from home it's very convenient to have it delivered to my door! I think businesses that would excel in this space would be those that offer speedy and cheap delivery and also have good return policy.

bunstar

Top Contributor
Some do it well, some don't. The best i've seen has been from The Iconic.
- Free delivery, receive it within a couple of days from Sydney (where there warehouse is)
- When you order you get the option of if they leave it by your door or at the post office if you're not home.
- emailed when it's onboard with driver and when it's delivered.
- Free returns, and it's an easy process where you just log into their website and print a RA label and put the package in any postbox.

This sort of service is why the company is doing so well.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Some do it well, some don't. The best i've seen has been from The Iconic.
- Free delivery, receive it within a couple of days from Sydney (where there warehouse is)
- When you order you get the option of if they leave it by your door or at the post office if you're not home.
- emailed when it's onboard with driver and when it's delivered.
- Free returns, and it's an easy process where you just log into their website and print a RA label and put the package in any postbox.

This sort of service is why the company is doing so well.

Agreed, they do it really well. Then again their model pretty much is full service, full price.

Here is an email I got from them this morning:

Customer Service Update regarding your recent order with THE ICONIC

Hello!

Thank you for your recent purchase at THE ICONIC.

We just wanted to give you an update on your order. We've recently launched a new system in our warehouse that may have caused a delay to your order being shipped. We expect to have your order out the door and on the way to you within 1-2 business days. You will also receive a tracking email so that you can track your parcel right to your door. If we experience any other roadblocks in getting your order to you, we promise to keep you updated on a daily basis.

We’re terribly sorry for this delay. It’s definitely not the standard that we hold ourselves to, and we are working as fast as we can to get this fixed up. We know that we have let you down – and that's the last thing we ever want to do, so we would like to apologise by offering you 10% off your next purchase with THE ICONIC. Your unique voucher code is W*****C and it is redeemable until 20/08/2013. Please see our full terms & conditions for your voucher here. We hope that you can forgive us and find something you love!

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this processing delay has caused. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team. We'd be more than happy to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

findtim

Top Contributor
i ordered an out of stock product instore at harveyN and it had to come from geelong to melbourne, later that day i ordered online a similar product and the thing arrived 2 days later from hongkong ( it was a .com.au website ), it took 3 phonecalls and 2 weeks to get my harveyN product which i then had to go pick up !

helena orders online often and has 100% success.

if its a large item READ the returns policy

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i ordered an out of stock product instore at harveyN and it had to come from geelong to melbourne, later that day i ordered online a similar product and the thing arrived 2 days later from hongkong ( it was a .com.au website ), it took 3 phonecalls and 2 weeks to get my harveyN product which i then had to go pick up !

helena orders online often and has 100% success.

if its a large item READ the returns policy

tim

Just a hard to get music dvd,i really only started wondering when they sent an email on saturday stating it had been dispatched ...tomorrows friday so ..

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Still a bit hit and miss .... i ordered a phone on ebay and when i cancelled the order before payment because of wrong postal address it still processed ?? I purchased the phone minutes later with the correct address and then got three more invoices ?? The phone arrived a few days later and is now a tethering device for my internet ......handy to have so a win i guess
~
I did recently order some front and rear lenses for my old toyota van and was pleased to say twenty five percent cheaper online and arrived two days later .... calling that one a win
~
I have purchased a few books about programming from fishpond.com they are only a few days old (the orders ) so i'll see how it goes?
~
Finally after not really seeing anything locally i order some 'elvis chrome sunglasses' from ebay last night , they have to come from america ........who loves ya baby!!!!

James

Top Contributor
I have purchased probably 200+ things online, and probably sold 500+ items over the last 8 years.

I agree with the comments above the best service I have had was from The Iconic, I have purchased maybe 50 things from their site, jeans, shoes, shirts, belts any thing. Three times I had to send things back it is very easy and they give you a 100% credit. Also one time I purchased sunglasses from them, they lasted a few weeks. I complained to them and they said we will give you 100% re fund you do not have to send back.

I have had a few issues with eBay sellers in the past, one guy I purchased some items from said it was sent, but it was at stopped at a posted facility, basically I went out their as I needed the item for a birthday gift and it never showed up. So I complained to pay pal and eBay and it was a whole mess up.

Another one was I purchased something from an online store in Germany at the start of winter, it was this really cool jumper for $200 ish I wanted for winter. I paid extra for express postage and basically after checking the online tracking it kept showing up at Sydney Airport. I complained to the store and said what is up. They said its out of our control. I complained to the airport numerous times and got the run around after giving up on it and waiting for probably 6 months, when Winter was over I received a random call from the airport saying my "package" has been stopped with a group of other packages as part of customs seizure. So I still got the jumper but it was winter time LOL.

But yeah I would say probably 97% of online purchases are good it is the 3% that can go wrong.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
There does seem to be a 'postage factor' that allows companies to shift the blame, but i must say the tracking on items is a big help when waiting. Compared to my first attempt it seems much better and 'active'

snoopy

Top Contributor
I buy most larger non food items online. Probably a few things a week. Wife seems to have multiple parcels turning up every day.

Have bought online from jbhifi before (once), it was not a pleasant experience. Usually they are expensive though they oddly had a TV once cheaper than all the cheap and nasty sites they I often buy from. They required forms filled out, license faxed etc, a whole lot of nonsense. Was like dealing with a government department.

Maybe have issues in 2% of occasions which I think is pretty low. Generally it is a very large saving compared to stores. Use the comparison shopping sites as a starting point and check ebay as well. It is the cheapest quite a lot of the time.

James

Top Contributor
Yeah I have never dealt with JB to be honest, usually just go in store. I have used Kogan in the past as well the only thing I didn't like about them is that they just dump stuff in the front garden they don't put it at your door LOL...But that is more the fault of the delivery company...

findtim

Top Contributor
random call from the airport saying my "package" has been stopped with a group of other packages as part of customs seizure.

20 years ago I was in Africa and sent a parcel home as I was backpacking, it contained various souvenirs from my trip so far but it also contained 1 of my dairies that I wrote of my travels, I arrived home 9 months later but no parcel, over 2 years later I received the full parcel with customs stamps all over it, rewrapped but now in a plastic customers bag.

it showed the parcel arrived in Australia by boat 2 months after I sent it, inside was everything including my diary but the pages were now worn from being READ.

maybe james your jumper suited someone in customs?

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members