What's new

Findtim

findtim

Top Contributor
Hi, i thought i should re introduce myself so that we have a clear line in the sand, chris has asked me to be a moderator, as you all know i'm very outspoken and opinionated, i don't care for gramma or spelling in threads but i do in web dev which thankfully 99.9% of the time is done by the client.

i'm finding my feet on this, chris and i get along very well and as he is also in melbourne we get to meet face to face at least once a month which is a huge positive for the future of dnt.

I know a lot about what i do and have been learning heaps off dnt members and i think in the next 40 years i will still be learning, i also have a lot to offer, i think being totally self employed in the industry for 12 years speaks for itself.

I'm introducing myself today as i have seen in recent days some threads where members have said nasty things about other members and i thought to myself " i've done that, so who am i to moderate it? "

so here is the LINE, i publicly unreservedly apologise for past threads where i have offended a member.

heres the new line, i'll be helping chris grow this forum by moderating hopefully never, i'm going to create a new profile which i haven't decided on yet but will openly make public so everyone knows its me, findtim will be ME... the domainer/web dev guy and the other will be the moderator, i hope to never have to post on that profile.

thanks for being part of dnt

tim

payattention

Archived Member
johno69 pretty much has it spot on. You don't want to come out looking like the bad guy but that itchy trigger finger is a bit too much to resist.

You've already shown you lack the capacity to be impartial between your own posts/opinions and modding. You refuse to even make a token effort to improve the quality of your posts with proper spelling and grammar to the best of your ability. No-one is suggesting you have to get it right 100% of the time (and I sure don't) but you're really taking the piss with juvenile typing.

You don't seem capable of appreciating that it's rude to expect others to take you serious when they must decipher your messages and I refuse to do so. Long story short, it's just common courtesy and something one expects of members let alone moderators.

I don't know Chris and have had minimal interaction with him. From what I've read here, he seems like a reasonable person. Based on that, I'd hazard a guess you sweet talked him into this much in the manner I assume you sweet talk your clients; both inevitably end up with a pile of shit.

geodomains

Top Contributor
Geez guys, give Tim a break for FFS I can't believe how some of you behave.

He's been given a job of moderator and has said he will try and apply a new approach and you bite his head off.

Who would want the job, too many ego's on this forum of late.

How about everyone give the guy a go.

Don

Last edited:

johno69

Top Contributor
He's been given a job of moderator and has said he will try and apply a new approach and you bite his head off.

I didn't bite his head off. I stand by what I said. I had the same view back when Admin was a shared account etc.

I see no point in a separate account.

One account per user, one user per account just makes sense.

If Tim is going to comment about his grammar and development then he's taken the conversation down that path..

I've just deleted 3 paragraphs on that topic... Just to keep the peace.

I wish Tim the best of luck In his development and being moderator.

Cheers.

chris

Top Contributor
Thanks for posting Tim.

I appreciate Tim's help for lots of reasons, but mainly because he acts in the interest of the community. Yeah sure, he shoots from the hip at times and he's not perfect, but none of us are! He definitely hasn't sweet talked me into anything :)

DNT mostly moderates itself, but personal attacks and slagging people off isn't on. I'm still finding my feet too so give us a go.

My main goal is to try and keep DNT a positive place for newcomers and veterans alike.

Cheers,
Chris

neddy

Top Contributor
Geez guys, give Tim a break for FFS I can't believe how some of you behave.

Who would want the job, too many ego's on this forum of late.

How about everyone give the guy a go.

Good on you Don - nice post.

I appreciate Tim's help for lots of reasons, but mainly because he acts in the interest of the community. Yeah sure, he shoots from the hip at times and he's not perfect, but none of us are! He definitely hasn't sweet talked me into anything :)

DNT mostly moderates itself, but personal attacks and slagging people off isn't on. I'm still finding my feet too so give us a go.

My main goal is to try and keep DNT a positive place for newcomers and veterans alike.

Likewise, a good post Chris.

The fact of the matter is that when someone new takes over a forum, they are always going to have their own way of doing things.

Importantly, they have every right to put their own stamp on it.

Chris has told me what he has planned for DNT, and I think if he achieves even half of it, DNT will be a better place (than I left it).

Even new Prime Minister's get a honeymoon period when they are elected, so please cut Chris and Tim some slack. ;)

If you have a problem with someone or something; tell them privately. Send a PM. That's the best way to do it imho.

And then, at the end of the day, if you still don't like the way they run this forum, don't be part of it. That's pretty simple.

-------------------------

Back to Tim (sorry for hijacking your thread).

I'm the first to agree that findtim hasn't started off his "moderating career" in exemplary fashion, however he is on a new learning curve. I'm sure he will get there
(though he may be battered, bloodied and bruised along the way). ;) I simply repeat my comments above.

I've met Tim in person at least four times, and whilst he may be like the "energizer bunny" sometimes; he is a decent guy with good morals imho. He has a lot of
real world experience, and I think that counts for lots. I've found he will also go out of his way to help you if he can.

Whilst I don't know him that well, I'm happy to call him a friend.

Cheers, Ned

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Jeez tough crowd. Play nice people.

Tim you should definitely have two accounts. I'm presuming that, apart from being a moderator, you'll want to express opinions that are your own and not those of DnTrade, so you are going to need that point of differentiation.

Good luck.

Andrew

~james~

Tim,

We've had our disagreements in the past but you're a decent bloke and I wish you all the best as moderator.

It's great that you have taken on this role which has lots of responsibility/work and very little reward. I think very few of us would be prepared to put our hands up for this, but you have, and are doing so in the interests of the community and growth of this forum.

I agree that the way you communicate should be professional as moderator and maybe moderator Tim uses proper grammar and Findtim continues to communicate in whatever language you've been using to date!

Anyway, I wish you well with your new role and look forward to a beer when you're in Sydney next.

Cheers,
James.

sydneyduo

Hey Tim,

Good on you for taking up this role as Moderator - it can be a thankless task, and involves quite a bit of time and effort.

Having met you and spoken on the phone numerous times, you are a good bloke who is open on sharing and doesn't hold back on ideas and suggestions.

All the best mate and look forward to more banter here and offline!

Peter

findtim

Top Contributor
Tim,

I agree that the way you communicate should be professional as moderator and maybe moderator Tim uses proper grammar and Findtim continues to communicate in whatever language you've been using to date!

good point, moderator tim will try VERY hard to improve his grammar.

tim

acheeva

Top Contributor
Go For It@!

Tim, has a great outlook on his profession, this forum & the topics raised in general

It is great that he "shoots from the hip" & allows himself to vulnerable to attack

As members we need to respect that & maintain decency in our dialogue

Tim, not sure whether you need 2 persona's though. I am sure we would recognise your input no matter which profile you used

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo