What's new

Finally

Shaun

Top Contributor
For those of you who are FB friends you would have seen this already BUT, for those of you who are not, finally, my iPhone App has arrived.

It costs a whopping $3.99 but compared to the Official Book it's cheap!

I would give you all here a promo code but I don't know how to do it, so, if you want to pay the money to check it out, that's great, but maybe the screen shots on iTunes will be enough for most.

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/learners-test/id383305463?mt=8

(PS - the website is undergoing some surgery and will be updated by COB)

Honan

Top Contributor
For those of you who are FB friends you would have seen this already BUT, for those of you who are not, finally, my iPhone App has arrived.

It costs a whopping $3.99 but compared to the Official Book it's cheap!

I would give you all here a promo code but I don't know how to do it, so, if you want to pay the money to check it out, that's great, but maybe the screen shots on iTunes will be enough for most.

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/learners-test/id383305463?mt=8

(PS - the website is undergoing some surgery and will be updated by COB)

Congratulations Shaun
Well done

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post some sales info.

I'm averaging around 18 sales per day. Not huge money, but again at $2.54 per app (this is what I make of the $3.99 - Apple take the other) it's a nice little earner.

I'm hoping to increase sales to around 50 per day. I have a few fundamental issues though, things like, do young learner drivers 16+ actually have iPhones? Most of the app downloads now are those who are around 18+

Good thing for my app is longevity. My app each year has a new potential audience of 16 year olds. As long as the road rules don't change, I will not have to update the app.

As for marketing, I am promoting (albeit softly) the app on www.learnerstest.com.au, we have a few other sites which we will gradually add to.

We have a host of banners if anyone would like to volunteer having one on your site! (Apple pay commission for referrals)

But for those of you who are iPhone buffs, if you were to have a top game like Angry Birds, that would have netted you around $6-8 MILLION dollars by now. Thing is, every day new iPhone users arrive, wanting to download the best apps. If you have a great idea (in particular game) speak to an iPhone developer!

Shaun

Top Contributor
FPR - I was about 8 months ago and the CPC was nothing. How time changes. I have ran some test campaigns on FaceBook but now the CPC is around $0.40cents so until other marketing finishes (did an EDM), I am unable to effectively work out out if FB works for me at this rate.

Timmy

Banned
FPR - I was about 8 months ago and the CPC was nothing. How time changes. I have ran some test campaigns on FaceBook but now the CPC is around $0.40cents so until other marketing finishes (did an EDM), I am unable to effectively work out out if FB works for me at this rate.

Shaun, I have 25,000 mums on my newsletter for Every Ounce Counts. Recent survey of 2,500 showed that over 85% have children, 30% of which are 15+

If you are interested in running a promo, I can include you in my upcoming newsletter. Not sure how it would perform, but I can do better than $0.40 per click. I seem to have all their attention on Facebook this month pimping fuel vouchers, so there's another 4,100 people to shout at also.

=)

snoopy

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

I'm averaging around 18 sales per day. Not huge money, but again at $2.54 per app (this is what I make of the $3.99 - Apple take the other) it's a nice little earner.[/B]

This is very good going in my view. I'd imagine this is something that will sell well for a long time (with appropriate updates over time). A few more apps and you'd basically have the equivalent of a full time income from it. Maybe an app for P plate tests could be next? Can't recall if they do a written test or not.

I'm hoping to increase sales to around 50 per day. I have a few fundamental issues though, things like, do young learner drivers 16+ actually have iPhones? Most of the app downloads now are those who are around 18+

Good thing for my app is longevity. My app each year has a new potential audience of 16 year olds. As long as the road rules don't change, I will not have to update the app.

As for marketing, I am promoting (albeit softly) the app on www.learnerstest.com.au, we have a few other sites which we will gradually add to.

We have a host of banners if anyone would like to volunteer having one on your site! (Apple pay commission for referrals)

But for those of you who are iPhone buffs, if you were to have a top game like Angry Birds, that would have netted you around $6-8 MILLION dollars by now. Thing is, every day new iPhone users arrive, wanting to download the best apps. If you have a great idea (in particular game) speak to an iPhone developer!

I wonder if it is worth experimenting with google adwords for it? Could target mobile devices and desktops.

Not sure about what % of 16 year old would have iphones, probably a % would have access to parents phones though. Probably something parents wouldn't mind paying for either.

montecristo

Top Contributor
Everytime I'm in Vic Roads the majority of people sitting tests or waiting to sit tests are 20+ yr old Asians & Africans presumably fresh in Australia looking to get an Australian drivers licence. I think even Kiwis have to sit the test now too.
Targeting immigrant over 20 iPhone owners could show huge potential. They all have to re-sit a test irrespective of their age.

Oz.

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

I'm averaging around 18 sales per day. Not huge money, but again at $2.54 per app (this is what I make of the $3.99 - Apple take the other) it's a nice little earner.

One of my friend's 8 year old, and 6 year old boys both have iphones (prepaid), LOL! Get them while they are young :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member