1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

FantasyFootball.com.au

Discussion in 'Drop.com.au' started by Drop.com.au, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Some not bad domains dropping today - FantasyFootball.com.au, Naturopaths.com.au, FraserCoast.com.au, VinylDecals.com.au, Astrology.net.au...

Andrew

2. James

James Membership: VIP

Nice domains,

So Drop is 29 once off fee to join is that it, do you have to pay per domain you buy?

Im interested =)

3. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Hi James,

Drop Membership Fee is $29.95, but you get $29.95 credit on signup, essentially making joining free.

Apart from the auction bid amount there is a $49.95 registration fee if you are succesful in winning an auction. If you don't win there's nothing to pay...

Cheers

Andrew

4. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

Is fantasy football big in Australia? I know it's pretty popular in America but I've never heard anyone speak about it here.

5. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yes - it's huge. Just look at the AFL:

Dream Team - Sponsored by Toyota (previously Coke)
    Super Coach - Run by News Ltd

323,963 people played afl dream team this year. I finished in the top 1000 :)

390,367 played supercoach

I should also mention, you can bet on dream team through many betting agencies

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  6. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

Yeah, I guess I'm a bit ignorant then. Sounds like a good domain though. I don't follow any football codes there ya go.

7. Oz.

Oz. Membership: VIP

Naturopaths: 5400 showing on Drop.

I get 170 exacts in Google (new tool). When I look at the old tool it shows 8100 exacts.

I know, all this talk about varying numbers depending on if you are logged in, or you use the new tool vs old keyword tool, but still that is a MASSIVE difference.

8. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

I already discussed this with Shaun this morning and he seems to think it's correct but I disagree because

A) Volume for related keywords is much higher and this is just a 1 word keyword.

B) I use to work for the biggest health insurer in VIC and I know first hand how popular these types of services are (huge). I'm pretty confident that sort of interest would translate to Google searches.

9. geodomains

geodomains Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    170 per month for Naturopaths is probably right, I won't be bidding on it.

10. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

With naturopaths I think the singular makes more sense as a search term, but still I think the difference (10 fold) is too large. Would guess the 170 is wrong.

11. Shaun

Shaun Membership: Community

Guys,

I'm not sure how much more we can labour this point.

Show me a website that you have at #1 that has equivalent traffic on an exact match term to the old or logged out version. I bet you can't.

I know that Don and I have lots of #1 websites which match the new, logged in version. FACT. If you want evidence I'm sure we (Don, hope I'm not speaking out of turn) can provide it at some level.

Prove to me that I am wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised.