What's new

facebooooooooooooooook

findtim

Top Contributor
OHHHHHHHHHHHH, come on NF, what the F are you doing ?

I've received emails today telling me faceboooooooooooooooooooooooooook is up for sale again and when I go to NF the domain is number ONE.

HEY, why don't you just put a BIM price on it and hope the buyer doesn't bank with CBA ?

this is ridiculous , its worse then utube

NF you need to take some corporate responsibility here.

just delete it from being bidded on, place a HUGE warning on it, you have an opportunity to show that you actually do care and at the time of this post you have 22 hours to do so otherwise you are just saying to all of us ........ F OFF

so stop the BS and come out and say F OFF domainers

grab your balls and comment and please do not give us a politicians response.

I am going to cut and paste this into your section so you definitely get this post, if you are not monitoring your DNT thread well then that show a lot as well.

tim

the issue is that there are a truck load of domains on the misspelling list, there are also a lot of trade marked domains, this is what makes it difficult for Netfleet and Drop, besides that it is a registrant's responsibility to comply with auDA policy, not the Registrars.

Also I have seen a situation where a registrant registered (through the drops) a domain name on the auDA misspelling list, which they were legitimately entitled to own, and auDA accepted that.

Netfleet has a 2 click bidding process, so in most circumstances (not impossible) i find it unlikely that there was an accidental bid on a domain name.

Also both Drop and Netfleet use PD next to a domain to indicate policy deletes.

findtim

Top Contributor
i am also VERY interested to know why a typo of this magnitude of problems is listed number ONE ?

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
the issue is that there are a truck load of domains on the misspelling list, there are also a lot of trade marked domains, this is what makes it difficult for Netfleet and Drop, besides that it is a registrant's responsibility to comply with auDA policy, not the Registrars.

Also I have seen a situation where a registrant registered (through the drops) a domain name on the auDA misspelling list, which they were legitimately entitled to own, and auDA accepted that.

Netfleet has a 2 click bidding process, so in most circumstances (not impossible) i find it unlikely that there was an accidental bid on a domain name.

Also both Drop and Netfleet use PD next to a domain to indicate policy deletes.

erhan I respect you TOTALLY, but this is more like an auction house selling stolen property, nobody can deny this, it all happened just weeks ago and its happening again.

I TRULY hope nobody bids and we get rid of this domain from the system, but to place it at number one is ............. well I'd have to use bad words so I won't

if at 1.58pm tomorrow I see on NF this domain listed at the top it will say many things to me and all of you should take note.

I certainly hope the new players coming into the auction market place don't play by the same rules.

funny how drop can at least try to do the right thing and put it alpha based http://screencast.com/t/zqut25NMzLY

and not promoted
http://screencast.com/t/UBt1vGmMY

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
oohhhhhhhh, come on !!!!

cocacoola.com.au is available for hand reg, and I just bought some peanut oil from coles and guess what it says on the back of the bottle ?

"may contain peanuts"

for the life of me I do not understand WHY something like this on the list actually can GET to the auctions TWICE.

this should be AUda's responsibility and if not then the drop catch websites.

if nobody says anything then nothing will change and no response from NF is just amazing, totally invalidating any discussion.

I know this is in NF section but I'd love to here drop's response of what hey will be doing and what they would do if they won the domain so we are all on a level field here.

hey ! lets get a comment from auda !

tim

Shane

Top Contributor
I don't know what the solution is, but I do think it's wrong for Netfleet to continue to take bids on domains such as this one and utube etc.

Surely something can be done?

oohhhhhhhh, come on !!!!

cocacoola.com.au is available for hand reg, and I just bought some peanut oil from coles and guess what it says on the back of the bottle ?

"may contain peanuts"

for the life of me I do not understand WHY something like this on the list actually can GET to the auctions TWICE.

this should be AUda's responsibility and if not then the drop catch websites.

if nobody says anything then nothing will change and no response from NF is just amazing, totally invalidating any discussion.

I know this is in NF section but I'd love to here drop's response of what hey will be doing and what they would do if they won the domain so we are all on a level field here.

hey ! lets get a comment from auda !

tim

My personal view is that it is not auDA's responsibility to be prescriptive on every aspect of how a Registrar can run its business, otherwise you get to a point where there is over regulation, which leads to higher costs for consumers. There needs to be a balance, and I think that balance exists now.

I take your point on this, but it is the Registrar that should provide you with a response as to why they don't identify the domain as being on the prohibited misspelling list. Ask the Netfleet guys.

Also there has to be some personal responsibility, if you see cocacola or faceboook on the drops you know it is wrong to register so why do it.

findtim

Top Contributor
I guess the question is why would anyone expect Netfleet to change?

so true, that is exactly what it has now got to.

sad

todays effort is a GREAT line in the sand because that is going to come back asap like a rubberband.

just can't wait till to see what happens next time.

My personal view is that it is not auDA's responsibility

why? if it goes on the list then just GET RID OF IT, how simple is that? am i the only one that has thought of that idea or am i so stupidly brilliant to state the obvious, if its not auda's responsibility......... who gets funded from domain name registrations then where does the responsibility sit?

" i sell you cocaine, but thats illegal so i will take it all back and then allow it to be sold to someone else and so forth and so forth"

it needs to be stopped at the source, auda.

tim

so true, that is exactly what it has now got to.

sad

todays effort is a GREAT line in the sand because that is going to come back asap like a rubberband.

just can't wait till to see what happens next time.

why? if it goes on the list then just GET RID OF IT, how simple is that? am i the only one that has thought of that idea or am i so stupidly brilliant to state the obvious, if its not auda's responsibility......... who gets funded from domain name registrations then where does the responsibility sit?

" i sell you cocaine, but thats illegal so i will take it all back and then allow it to be sold to someone else and so forth and so forth"

it needs to be stopped at the source, auda.

tim

Tim I would ask Netfleet that question.

I previously made mention of a situation where a domain on the misspelling list was legitimately registered by a client of mine because they actually owned a trademark for the misspelled term (auDA approved it once they were questioned) - this is an example of a situation where someone may want to see a misspelling domain on the drop list, it has happened before

findtim

Top Contributor
trademark for the misspelled term

thats great knowledge, yet rare

where has the MS symbol gone on netfleet?

as for asking NF for an answer , I am, but here on DNT, the reason is it should be made public and if i did a support ticket i'm uneasy about posting the reply as my feeling is PM's are PM's and should stay that way so i don't want them to give me an answer that i can then not post.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member