1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook Scandal Brewing?

Discussion in 'Social Media & Networking' started by whiterabit, Aug 9, 2012.

1. whiterabit

whiterabit Membership: Community

http://www.offervault.com/scoop/2012/08/02/is-a-facebook-scandal-brewing/

Has anyone run FB campaigns and what sort of success have you had. I've run a couple of campaigns across different verticals and I would consider only one of them to be 'successful'.

This article brings up an interesting questions around bot clicks on FB, I've been around long enough to know that a certain % of clicks will always be considered fraud but could you imagine if FB got stuck with 80% bot clicks as the article states.

Whoa Mumma!

2. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks for sharing.

Will be interesting to follow this one...

Cheers,
    Chris

3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Can't say I've had any real successful with it, have tried it a couple of times. The CTR were typically significantly worse than adsense for content with no signs of conversions and the campaigns die quickly because they are just shown to the same people all the time, so it is a fair bit of working for nothing (ie can't target by page content, keywords).

Wouldn't surprise we if a lot of it was error traffic just because the CTR's are so low. I think Facebook advertising needs a compete rethink.