What's new

Facebook Ads .....Ummm

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Lately the amount of ads of facebook seem to have increased ten fold ..... It seems every second post is an ad, with the main offender being a website going by the title of Wimp/Com. Any views on this? Have you ran a facebook ad before? Did it work?

geodomains

Top Contributor
Never tried them, but be warned some ads have viruses as I clicked on one a month ago and had my virus software going overtime.
I was pissed off as you'd think Facebook would have some checks in place for viruses on any ad.

findtim

Top Contributor
one of my clients is currently running facebook ads and google adwords at the same time. he tells me he is getting a VERY good result and that its they are both equal in success.

i haven't drilled down the stats as for clicks v conversions with him but will be over the next few months as we are changing the site often to improve the "sales funnel "
although i don't do seo i think "splatter gun" approach doesn't work and is lazy imo, both adwords and facebook have the ability to highly focus ads, so although i do not go on facebook i think what you are seeing is someone with more money then brains !

eg: a melbourne florist business adword showing for a google search "cairns florist" .

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i think what you are seeing is someone with more money then brains !
Strange that if you click on the link it normally takes you away from the sponsoring site to another site? I don't see the point of this advertising strategy .... or am I missing something?

snoopy

Top Contributor
one of my clients is currently running facebook ads and google adwords at the same time. he tells me he is getting a VERY good result and that its they are both equal in success.

i haven't drilled down the stats as for clicks v conversions with him but will be over the next few months as we are changing the site often to improve the "sales funnel "
although i don't do seo i think "splatter gun" approach doesn't work and is lazy imo, both adwords and facebook have the ability to highly focus ads, so although i do not go on facebook i think what you are seeing is someone with more money then brains !

eg: a melbourne florist business adword showing for a google search "cairns florist" .

tim

Have tried them several years ago but it was very hard to target. I suspect this would be work for particular types of businesses where there is something clear to latch onto, e.g. selling rockblimbing gear to to people with an interesting in rock climbing. Will have a look at it again.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
My complaint is mostly that the ads (lots of them) seem to have no set direction, I do get some guitar based ones at least

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member