What's new

Expired Domains - Information

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone care to share a secret on where I should be subscribing for the most "to the minute" information on expired .com.au's.

I'm happy to pay a subscription fee ( as long as it's good value ) for the service.

I'm looking at: http://www.intouchweb.com.au/expireddomainsorder.htm and will try out the free month by listing with Netfleet but thought I'd see what the knowledge base has to say.

Anyone care to save me the time hunting down the best?

Cheers,
Robyn

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Robyn,

I think Mark's service is as good as you're likely to find. expireddomains.com.au lists some but there's rarely anything interesting there.

Apparently some registrars have got a system going that identifies names that are about to expire then queries their availability relentlessly so anything really good is snapped up within seconds.

At first I assumed this was one of those urban myths but I've now heard from multiple sources so I suspect there's some truth to it.

Would love to know if auDA are doing anything about this blatantly unfair situation.

Good luck!

Hi Robyn,

I think Mark's service is as good as you're likely to find. expireddomains.com.au lists some but there's rarely anything interesting there.

Apparently some registrars have got a system going that identifies names that are about to expire then queries their availability relentlessly so anything really good is snapped up within seconds.

At first I assumed this was one of those urban myths but I've now heard from multiple sources so I suspect there's some truth to it.

Would love to know if auDA are doing anything about this blatantly unfair situation.

Good luck!

If a registrar is doing this, then they would be doing so in direct violation of auDA policy.

http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2008-11/

Clarification of Permissible Own Use by Registrars (2008-11)

Policy No: 2008-11
Publication Date: 30/06/2008

1. BACKGROUND

1.1 This document clarifies clause 14.2.3 of the Registrar Agreement as it applies in conjunction with clauses 4.2 and 4.4 of the .au Domain Name Suppliers' Code of Practice (2004-04).

1.2 Clause 14.2.3 of the Registrar Agreement reads as follows: “[The Registrar must not] be involved in any activity which involves the acquisition or accumulation of Domain Names which are not connected to the provision of Registrar Services under [the Registrar Agreement], for the purposes of removing them from the availability of others, transferring them for a direct or indirect, immediate or deferred gain or profit or for any other reason which can be considered to be done in bad faith”.

Regards,
Kris

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads