What's new

Expert dntrade members. I need your advice please!

Guyp

Hi.

I am hoping you can reply to this ASAP as I am relying on your help here.

I just found a domain that brings the following results on Google tool.

Broad Search - (11,000,000+ global) & (5,000,000 + local)

Exact Search - (110,000+ global) & (60,000+ local)

I am only a newbie, so I am counting on the support of DNtrade.com.au members to help me out. I do not want to waste any more money. As you can see I have posted a couple of domains on this site & they have turned out to be a complete waste of time & money.

Should I purchase this domain? Are these good stats?

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
My advice is to maybe save your money next time and buy a better name from netfleet.com.au. I cant see any value in the name GamesOnlineFree.com.au at all.

"Better to buy 1 diamond than 100 pieces of coal"

Guyp

What? How do you figure? This has huge potential!

These are the following results on google tool for exact:

Online Games Free 74,000 & 6,600

Free Online Games 3,350,000 & 1,500,000

Games Free Online 22,200 & 4,000

and mine.......

Games Online Free 110,000 & 62,000

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
FreeGamesOnline makes sense
GamesForFree also good name
OnlineGames GREAT name
OnlineFreeGames Ok also
OnlinegamesFree not make much sense

If you are that keen on buy a Great game name PM for several I Know that are better

Guyp

what's all this talk about exact match then? everyone telling me to get domain with high exact match on google tool?

WG2010

Archived Member
I don't think you have exact match turned on. I only get 1,600 exacts.. not enough for a gaming site; you need huge volume to make $$$.

Guyp

mate, i don;t know where your getting that info, but your wrong. I'm sure of it.

give me a link?

i have selected 'EXACT' and also used the [] and i am not getting what your showing me at all?

If you think so, how the hell do you 'so called' turn it on?

down the left side is 3 option, broad, exact and phrase. I have clicked on EXACT? What else is there to do? then i type [games online free] and ther results i stated originally show up?

i think you are wrong my friend.

Last edited:

Ash

Top Contributor
I get the same result as worgeneral except with a $0.80 estimated average CPC (weird).

Ash

Top Contributor
Does it make a difference if you are logged in or not? I think I've noticed some difference compared to logged in/not logged in but not that much variance.

WG2010

Archived Member
I'm getting that info from Adwords which is obvious from the screenshot. I can't link you to it because it's user generated.

If you're so sure of it, go ahead! Flesh the domain out and develop it.

You blew $20. We've all done it so consider it a cheap lesson (some people have blown much more). I figure it's all a part of the process when learning how to select good keywords.

I have a couple hundred dollars in shit domains, some people have a couple thousands if not tens of thousands of shit.

But most people would agree you don't even need to go and check the figures, this phrase doesn't receive that much volume.

Ash

Top Contributor
davids cracked it... i only get the same figures as you guyp when selecting the US as my location... Australia only has 1,600 exacts.

Guyp

alright then, please do a step by step below that i can follow to bring me to YOUR results. I'd be interested to see it.

cherrytron

Top Contributor
italiandragon, what an awesome tutorial.

This domain is what some refer to as a 'tofrontback' because the words are back-to-front. Or in other words just plain "shit".

Anyway, I laughed on the inside reading this thread, then laughed out loud when I got to this bit ..

"You blew $20. We've all done it .. "

DavidL

Top Contributor
Nice one italiandragon!

guyp, I understand your frustrations but try to make sure that domain selection is a combination of looking at metrics (search vol, CPC, IBLs etc) with a large dose of common sense. 'games online free' just doesn't feel right.

You also need to consider does it have any brandable qualities, is it a 'category killer', is it in a lucrative industry (the CPC can help with that), is it in a declining/growing industry, is there much competition in the SERPs

Saying that a hand reg with 1,600 exacts is well worth looking into and would often be a winner, just not in this case :(

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Great job ...........italian dragon , just remembered i am having meatballs tonight !

1600 local

110,000 worldwide

78 cents cpc

Guyp you may need to slow down and consider that drop.com.au (auction lobby) is a great place to get names on the drop and also Netfleet.com.au offer the same service and many many after market names , i purchased vegetaraian,net,au from there for a $100

Now some people will say .nets are worth nothing but i was happy and i also had search volume to fall back on. For me it was also to help me learn how to use wordpress to make a site.

They will always be some conjecture as to what is a good buy or not but one thing is for sure if ten domainers are telling you something the odds are they are correct int heir statement

P.s you need to have firefox to see the drop.com.au auction lobby properly , also there quite often after markets on drop and netfleet

Netfleet also has the 'bargain bin' where all the names are under $300 , worth a look for sure

Also remember the aussie market is different , one example is that

Golfpants/com/au is available to register but no one has , why ? because the market is not here for it in australia but in America golfpants/com would go for a great price price for the simple fact they have the people volume to make a domain/website like that work

Slow down, read, learn .......... listen and you will soon be on top of things and not wasting money although at the end of the day we are all speculating

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member