What's new

Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

neddy

Top Contributor
What do you see when you look at this image?

A glass half-full; or a glass half-empty?

Just interested!

snoopy

Top Contributor
A thread about .net.au

:D

Is this something to do with if you're pessimistic or otherwise?

No, it is just about .net.au ;)

Another question: Imagine a souffle in the oven and it comes out half baked with a dig dint in the centre,

Is that good because you can still eat something or bad because it won't taste very good? Do you throw it out or put it back in the oven and hope for the best?

Last edited:

neddy

Top Contributor
:D

No, it is just about .net.au ;)

Another question: Imagine a souffle in the oven and it comes out half baked with a dig dint in the centre,

Is that good because you can still eat something or bad because it won't taste very good? Do you throw it out or put it back in the oven and hope for the best?

Please get back on topic Snoopy. :)

As much as I love soufflé - and .net.au when it is priced right, that is not the example or the experiment.

So do you see a glass half-full; or do you see a glass half-empty?

I'm just interested in how people view this particular example. Pyschologists say that your answer is indicative of your personality type.

And here is an interesting take on it:

http://www.yourhappinesspower.com/2009/09/21/half-empty-or-half-full/

Disclaimer: I offer no criticisms! As the thread title indicates, it is simply an experiment.

Terrell

I think it's half full - opportunity still around to fill it up. But then my next thought goes to how can I find the next half full glass to fill it up, too. :D

snoopy

Top Contributor
So do you see a glass half-full; or do you see a glass half-empty?

I see half a glass of water.

I'm just interested in how people view this particular example. Pyschologists say that your answer is indicative of your personality type.

And here is an interesting take on it:

http://www.yourhappinesspower.com/2009/09/21/half-empty-or-half-full/

Disclaimer: I offer no criticisms! As the thread title indicates, it is simply an experiment.

I think the problem with it would be that pretty much everyone is going to say half full regardless of personality type unless they have never heard of the expression before.

neddy

Top Contributor
I see half a glass of water.

Snoopy, you just couldn't bring yourself to answer the question with either of the two answers. You just had to be contrary! :)

I think the problem with it would be that pretty much everyone is going to say half full regardless of personality type unless they have never heard of the expression before.

You may be right. But if they haven't, then it is interesting to see people's take on something. This is one of the oldest pyschological tests around.
Used a lot in schools in the past, and so perhaps young people haven't been exposed to the saying. (I know quite a few adults that haven't either!).

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
The mere fact you have a titled the thread 'experiment' means most were going to say 'half full'

how about ............it should be beer !

snoopy

Top Contributor
Some interesting stats,

"I'm a half full kind of person" - 1520 results

"I'm a half empty kind of person" - 5 results

Honan

Top Contributor
I see a glass of water and I don't care how much is in it, because I am going to skol it anyway, after eating that half baked souffle .It has made me really thisty. Was there MSG in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members