What's new

Ending the auctions an hour early

chris

Top Contributor
As requested, a new thread has been started on this topic.

Can you guys consider reducing the space from 1 hour to perhaps 15 minutes?

I am a regular bidder on the drops and I simply don’t have the time to bid twice. Especially when I am at work. Im pretty sure most of the other users would feel the same way.

However by having a reduced gap, you guys still achieve the same results from a business perspective whilst minimizing the inconvenience to the users.

i think this deserves its own thread.

tim

FleurF

Archived Member
As requested, a new thread has been started on this topic.

The plans for the auction are part of a larger development plan and we are still nutting out times and processes. We will let you know details closer to the time. As said earlier - this plan is still on the chalkboard.

Many thanks for the input.

findtim

Top Contributor
it seems we have a had 2 instances that have blown up, how about this time you use the community to do some research before hand, obviously we will all have our own wallets at heart but its all good info i think.

but i'm guessing its all about keeping ideas behind closed doors and anthony is now kicking himself he typed it .

tim

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Not kicking myself at all, threads with a bit of drama in them seem to get read more :)

I've seen extension times in the past not being particularly exciting since it seem to just keep getting bumped by $1 before the final bids in the last moments, so I was thinking along the lines of extended the bidding in 1 minute increments and you have to increase the bid by 10% in the final 30 seconds to keep it open.

This means the auctions will end off pretty quickly as the price would double within 7 minutes and would need to increase ten fold to stay open for 28 minutes. So only the very exciting ones will stay open for more than a few minutes.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member