What's new

EMD vs On-site Keywords

Ash

Top Contributor
Hi all, just wondering how important exact match domains are for 'long-tail' keyword seo as opposed to just using the long-tail keywords on your non EMD site?

I have identified a few .net.au domains to buy but not sure if they're worth the investment or if I should just focus on using more keywords on the existing site?

Cheers, Ash.

Edd

Hi all, just wondering how important exact match domains are for 'long-tail' keyword seo as opposed to just using the long-tail keywords on your non EMD site?

I have identified a few .net.au domains to buy but not sure if they're worth the investment or if I should just focus on using more keywords on the existing site?

Cheers, Ash.

Hi Ash,

Perform a SERP competition search:

intitle:"your long tail here"

If there are not many results, then you can easily include those keywords on your existing site, preferably with relevant existing content, and then do some internal link building to that page using variations as well of the long tail phrase as your anchor link.

If you can, get some external incoming links applied in the same manor, and then you should be well on your way getting top rankings, depending how actual competitive that long tail phrase really is.

James

Top Contributor
Depends if you are using a very high authority website you can usually knock down low quality EMD domains.

EMD domains only work well when they are authority, plus I have seen in the US market they are really hitting EMD domains hard in the SERP's, only a matter of time before they roll it out in AU too.

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Edd/James. intitle: tip is especially useful - I've seen it bandied about the forums before but forgotten about it.

Ash

Top Contributor
Ok, so I've tried comparing google kwt results to intitle: results to determine if a few domains are worth picking up... could you help me out with this scenario:

Google KWT results:
geo targeted keyword phrase (5 words in total) with 2,400 exacts
$5.56 estimated average cpc
high search competition

Intitle SERPs (intitle:"keywords" site:.au):
4,140 results
10 x adsense ads in SERPs (on right) and an extra 3 above organic listings

Is this the kind of scenario you would be looking for when deciding to purchase a domain?

There's quite a few words in the search term but it's not awkwardly phrased (just has the geo target tagged on the end, e.g. insurancecompaniessydney - that type of thing).

It's also a .net.au

Thanks. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads