1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Electricity bill, what they don't tell you

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by findtim, Mar 9, 2016.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i got a letter today from AGL about my elect/gas bill telling me my contract would expire but they will make it easy for me and automatically keep me. ahhhhhhhh how nice.
    so i rang iSelect, after 15minutes chat i walked away with $100 rebate on my next bill for BOTH elect and gas, + even though my "pay on time" gas stayed at 18% discount my elect went to 28% from 18% saving me around $60 bi-monthly, better me then them.
    guess who my new supplier is? AGL !

tim

2. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

No reason for them to offer you anything better unless you are leaving. Ditto for jobs, domain renewals, all sorts of things.

Rhythm likes this.
  3. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

We are with Agl and they seem double to what Simple Energy were ......lucky I am leaving

4. ttfan

ttfan Membership: Community

Find the best deal from other suppliers, and ask them to match. They can offer much better deals than their standard ones, but ONLY if the customer quotes a better deal from another supplier. This is what the sales staff is told.

5. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    all suppliers buy power at the same market rates, so there isn't a whole lot of difference between them - a lot like petrol stations