What's new

Elance tips

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, just going mental right now once again about elance, but still positive so i needed a break and thought i'd share some things so dip out now or stay for the rant.

-------------------------

elance dot com has been offline for 2-3 days and just came back online this arvo.

what does that mean? it means that i have not been able to communicate with my freelancers, not been able to pay them installments and projects have just stopped.

so what is the solution going forward ? first , communicate via elance so you are protected is the freelancer stuffs up BUT get their direct email incase Elance stuffs up ( elance communicates via an auto genrated email for each job eg " elance 1234567@elance.com "

don't deal with anyone who won't give you their direct email.

i use to pay in milestones, i use to pay 3/3/3 , start, design approval, completion, i have now changed to 25/25/25/25 , start, design approval, completion, SATISFACTION.

everything has to be done on your MY servers.

thats a start, ask me more if you want. i think these ideas would apply to odesk/freelance etc as they all could go down.

there are some VERY smart people bidding on elance and if elance pisses them off i can see how someone would have some fun bringing them down. :eek:

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members