What's new

EBay

TassieSEO

Hi guys.. Two eBay related questions.

first, I have two dog Breed domains. I've spent a lot of time around breeders and thought that they might be a good target for flipping domains. I tried auctioning at godaddy... No bites at all. so I thought I'd try eBay. The thought was that if I'm a corgi breeder for example, I might go search for corgi merchandise on eBay, and decide I'll buy the domain name. Thoughts on this strategy?

second, when I looked on eBay, there were mainly 'buy now' instead of auctions, and the prices wer really high.. Like 15k for pretty average domains. Why is that?

I'm just start, so I'd be happy getting 100 or so.. To cover my costs thus far, and gives me some fire in my belly :)

Thanks for any thoughts
Todd

johno69

Top Contributor
second, when I looked on eBay, there were mainly 'buy now' instead of auctions, and the prices wer really high.. Like 15k for pretty average domains. Why is that?

Because most people who try sell domains on eBay are dreamers and have absolutely no idea what their domain is really worth.

designt

Have you considered throwing up a simple site onto the domains then contacting targeted potential buyers. Often your best candidate to buy a domain is not aware that you are selling and more importantly that may not have considered the potential of the domain you are offering as a good gateway for online business.

Particularly when you are dealing with a niche industry you need to be able to bring your offers to the buyer, offering a complete solution i.e. domain with a website or lead generation site will make selling easier.

TassieSEO

Hi Designt
It didnt cross my mind to develop those two sites.. good idea. Not sure I have time but I'll dwell on it :) I have a three other sites i'm working on at the moment - so i might park them for a bit and revisit when i get more time.. thanks mate.
Any thoughts on what i would charge for a simple wordpress site on such a domain name?
t

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member