What's new

ebay.net.au is for sale again

geodomains

Top Contributor
Just amazes me it was PD only last week and someone has put it on Netfleet for $20k yesterday, got to laugh. Besides be TM, they also have not waited the 6 month period anyway. Just goes to show auda need to educate the general public more.

Don

WG2010

Archived Member
While highly unlikely to apply to this domain, you can sell within the first 6 months if they agree the circumstances warrant it. I didn't know this until recently when I sold a 2 week old .com.au and they agreed to transfer the domain.

Max

Top Contributor
Just amazes me it was PD only last week and someone has put it on Netfleet for $20k yesterday, got to laugh. Besides be TM, they also have not waited the 6 month period anyway. Just goes to show auda need to educate the general public more.

Don

You guys would know better than me as i dont deal in or flip AU domains but i was under the impression that a Drop name was not subject to the 6 month holding rule before resale .. i thought that only applied to new domain registrations .. so am i wrong (again) after all a drop domain is a second hand domain .. a previously registered domain that probably still resolves to somewhere .. is a drop name considered to be a virgin registration .. if thats the case then the drop catchers must be exempt from the 6 month no sell rule ? .. strange i never thought about it before :)

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
While highly unlikely to apply to this domain, you can sell within the first 6 months if they agree the circumstances warrant it. I didn't know this until recently when I sold a 2 week old .com.au and they agreed to transfer the domain.

You can apply to auDA under special circumstances, however in the case of a domain like ebay.net.au - I don't think 'special circumstances' will apply. The idea behind asking for an exception to the rule is more related to cases where a business owner lost their domain (failed to renew) and the new owner has agreed to transfer the domain back at reasonable cost. Usually cost of acquisition.

auDA don't typically ask questions about the amount, but if the owner complains that you are asking for too much money then they may step and ask more questions or seek proof.

You would normally run this process through the registrar of record. Contact your registrar, inform them of the situation. The registrar will then contact auDA on your behalf and request the exception to the 6-month ruling.

NB: People often go directly to auDA relating to many policy questions. I would recommend always requesting assistance from the registrar first, after all they are more familiar with policy and less likely to make a wrong statement. A good registrar will manage this process for you, and technically - its their job! Something to consider & evaluate when searching for the cheapest registration and renewal prices.

Best Regards,
George

geodomains

Top Contributor
Yeah Max starts all over again if it drops, so 6 month rule does apply.
To be allowed by auda to sell a domain before 6 months is up, must be exceptional circumstances.
So Worgeneral you obviously had a domain that auda thought was an exception to the rule, nothing wrong with that.

Don

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
You guys would know better than me as i dont deal in or flip AU domains but i was under the impression that a Drop name was not subject to the 6 month holding rule before resale .. i thought that only applied to new domain registrations .. so am i wrong (again) after all a drop domain is a second hand domain .. a previously registered domain that probably still resolves to somewhere .. is a drop name considered to be a virgin registration .. if thats the case then the drop catchers must be exempt from the 6 month no sell rule ? .. strange i never thought about it before :)

Drop domains are in fact NEW REGISTRATIONS. They are domains that have expired, gone through the expired domain process, and then are purged from the registry database at 1:00PM (AEST).

Once a domain has been purged from the AusRegistry database, it is available on a first come first serve basis. Drop catchers happen to be very quick at doing this... we are talking within just a few milliseconds. But whether a domain is registered within milliseconds, or hours, or even days, makes no difference. It will still be logged as a "create", i.e a new registration.

Best Regards,
George Pongas

snoopy

Top Contributor
Oh brother, I wonder if this is now going to be deleted again. I don't know if there is much hope to educate the whole country not to register such names. The duck will always pop back up.

I think if AUDA wants to keep such names out of others hands they probably need to do something other than delete it. It reminds me of those UDRP's where the complainant requests deletion.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo