What's new

e cigs

helloworld

Top Contributor
Thought I'd let everyone know my experience with Ecigs.

I've smoked cigarettes for 20 years,basically since I was 14. But a heavy smoker since I was around 19. Around 15-20 a day. More when I'm drinking, close to double.

A couple of years ago I was in Jakarta and came across an electronic cigarette. It looked like a cigarette, but the battery life was terrible and the nicotine content was questionable. So it didn't work out, so I put it away and forgot about it. At Christmas my brother in law showed me his new ecig.

This thing looked crazy, but I had a couple of tokes on it and could feel the nicotine. He gave me a card from where he bought it. A while later, I decided to order the ecig. There are lots of online retailers, so I won't bother posting a link yet.

The ecig arrived and I was keen to try it out. I put the liquid into. The ecig essentially, converts the liquid into vapour. Similar to a large unit you might put in your kids room if they have breathing problems. The liquid is made of several ingredients. The 4 main ingredients being, propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), flavouring (don't know what's in it) and of course Nicotine.

I realised quickly that the liquid I had been provided did not contain Nicotine. I contacted the supplier who advised Australia had banned suppliers in Australia from selling Nicotine in the eliquids. However, he was able to do it under the table per se.

A stupid law of course as you are able to import Nicotine from overseas without any issues. Of course, the goverment can't tax it at the moment, which I am sure is the real issue.

Cutting an already long story short, I have been off cigarettes for 2 months now. I've had a couple of cigarettes here and there but the ecig really is exactly the same except it doesn't have all the chemicals that you find in real cigarettes.

After doing some research, I've found Australia sellers can't advertise ecigs as ahealthy alternative, which is probably fair but they have defintly improved my life and glad to be off the cigs. I highly recommend these for yourself or friends or family if they have tried every other method to quit...I hadd tried everything, cold turkey, patches, gum, pills from the doctor.

if anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them

James

Top Contributor
Yeah I know their are some crazy laws with tobacco, I use to work with a guy from Sweden who use to import these flavored tobacco pouch things you place in your mouth when your not smoking, because they reduce your need to smoke and they fulfill your tobacco fix (apparently they are really popular in Europe) Apparently the Aus government has put a blanket ban on these too.

findtim

Top Contributor
once again taxation comes into it !!

i've never smoked, had a puff at 7yrs, and another at 13yrs and that was that, i got the beer gene, the only drug i take except fo the occasional coca cola.

so are you saying that this system although has nicotine is better then smoking? less harmful? etccc

my direct family which now adds up to 74 ish ( which does includes the kids) has only 1 smoker, many PAST smokers but that was now 20+ years ago when they all gave up.

i'd love to suggest this to our aunty.

PS: think those patches are just a big scam, i think they are just another delivery method of nicotine that is ALLOWED to be advertised. NOTE: i know nothing about smoking, its just my perception.

my 6yr old ruby asked me the other day " why does aunty danee want to kill herself " ? as danee lit up a smoke.

funny how times have changed

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members