1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Dot Shop

Discussion in 'gTLDs' started by DnEbook, Sep 30, 2016.

1. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

Considering the internet is basically shops and services, what are your opinions on this extension, it is up to about 67,000 registrations after about a week of general availability..... Do you .shop online?

2. eBranding.com.au

eBranding.com.au Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Not one for me.

3. Horshack

Horshack Membership: Community

Just watching domain sherpa and Frank Schilling has dropped hundreds of thousands of new gtlds recently so that pretty much tells the story I think.

Scott7 and findtim like this.
  4. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

If it were a standard reg fee for the one I was after, I'd grab just the one. However, at $30k USD per year, that ain't gonna happen.
    I don't think the outlook is that bright for nearly all of the new extensions.

5. eg73

eg73 Membership: Community

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well that's the thing, the renewal pricing on some of these names are rediculous!
    I do like .shop but again, most great names are already taken..

6. DnEbook

I think they will eventually do what .Tv did, a one off "premium price" instead of greedy high annual renewals, no point having lot's of "stock" if no-one is ever going to buy!

7. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

No money for domainers in this. The registries are pricing things so there isn't speculative profits for domainers.

8. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Agree. I see that as "stage 2", i.e. you do it when domainers realise the first model doesn't work for them (after they have spent a lot of money of course). I suspect the registries are going to get people renewing for quite a few years in the hope that things will improve.

DnEbook likes this.
  9. DnEbook