What's new

Dot Shop

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Considering the internet is basically shops and services, what are your opinions on this extension, it is up to about 67,000 registrations after about a week of general availability..... Do you .shop online?

Joel

Top Contributor
If it were a standard reg fee for the one I was after, I'd grab just the one. However, at $30k USD per year, that ain't gonna happen.
I don't think the outlook is that bright for nearly all of the new extensions.

Erwin

Top Contributor
Well that's the thing, the renewal pricing on some of these names are rediculous!
I do like .shop but again, most great names are already taken..

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Well that's the thing, the renewal pricing on some of these names are rediculous!
I do like .shop but again, most great names are already taken..
I think they will eventually do what .Tv did, a one off "premium price" instead of greedy high annual renewals, no point having lot's of "stock" if no-one is ever going to buy!

snoopy

Top Contributor
No money for domainers in this. The registries are pricing things so there isn't speculative profits for domainers.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think they will eventually do what .Tv did, a one off "premium price" instead of greedy high annual renewals, no point having lot's of "stock" if no-one is ever going to buy!

Agree. I see that as "stage 2", i.e. you do it when domainers realise the first model doesn't work for them (after they have spent a lot of money of course). I suspect the registries are going to get people renewing for quite a few years in the hope that things will improve.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member