What's new

dont like forum not showing latest posts only new posts which have not been read

elbranch

Top Contributor
I might want to reread a thread but if I have read it or maybe if I have posted in it and read it then it does not display in the new posts search. Who thought of making it like that? Someone who takes a theoretical approach rather than a real-world practical approach to forum design and development.

findtim

Top Contributor
i think your assumption of whats happening..........may not be the case as i have found that also, i just thought dnt are just getting use to the new securer system they have implemented, so maybe better to post it as an insight/feedback rather then what came across to me as a "real-world" b*tch about functionality ?

tim

chris

Top Contributor
The default behaviour is different to the way vBulletin worked, but there is an easy way to see all recent posts - it's found on the top right, see the screenshot below.

New Posts is all new unread posts, Recent Posts is all posts, including those that have been read.

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 6.05.43 pm.png

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Chris

elbranch

Top Contributor
Thanks Chris that's great thought there would be an easy solution almost like looking for a supermarket item then finding an assistant and asking him where it is and he tells you it is right behind where you are standing.

chris

Top Contributor
It's not just you, it took me a while to get used to it :)

I think it would be better if it was more prominent.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member