What's new

Don't know how to integrate merchant facility into OpenCart

Webfunk

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Been a while since I posted...been busy! Which is good I suppose..

Anyway, I've come across an issue and thought you guys could help seeing as you all know your stuff!

I'm new to OpenCart. I only just installed it today and am trying to learn it quickly because a new client of mine wants an online store.

First hurdle I'm trying to get over is the integration of a merchant facility. My client currently already has a site (I'm simply redesigning it) and she already has payments going through Bendigo bank. When I go into admin > extensions to change payment options, I don't see an appropriate choice for this. There is PayPal and the rest of it, but nothing that say's 'merchant facility' or something along those lines.

I noticed on my clients current site that when I go to buy something it takes me to a bendigo site that starts with "migs.", so I searched for MIGS in the available modules and there was one for about $50 - is this what I need to get to make this happen? Or do I have to contact bendigo bank about it?

Thanks for any assistance!

Joel

Top Contributor
MIGS is used by a number of the banks and credit unions.

The module should show up if it was added correctly as a payment module into OpenCart. What version of OC is it?

Webfunk

Top Contributor
MIGS is used by a number of the banks and credit unions.

The module should show up if it was added correctly as a payment module into OpenCart. What version of OC is it?

Version is 1.5.1.3.1.

I haven't bought the module yet because I wanted to make sure that's what I need to purchase, or is it free somewhere.

Joel

Top Contributor
There isn't a free one for OpenCart that I'm aware of.

I guess it depends on who you want your merchant account with, but personally I've found the eWay (XML) module to work quite well (with one or two slight mods). I don't know if they work with Bendigo Bank if that's who you have to use for the merchant account due to the client.

If the module is available for $50 and it solves the problem, just buy it.

Webfunk

Top Contributor
There isn't a free one for OpenCart that I'm aware of.

I guess it depends on who you want your merchant account with, but personally I've found the eWay (XML) module to work quite well (with one or two slight mods). I don't know if they work with Bendigo Bank if that's who you have to use for the merchant account due to the client.

If the module is available for $50 and it solves the problem, just buy it.

IF it solves the problem - that's the question. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something or if it was normal to have to buy payment method modules.

Joel

Top Contributor
IF it solves the problem - that's the question. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something or if it was normal to have to buy payment method modules.

Fair enough. OpenCart is still in it's infancy, so you won't find many options when it comes to modules like that. If there isn't a free one then the MIGS one will be what you're after. If you're at all concerned, ask the developer :)

Webfunk

Top Contributor
Thanks for the help LEAP. I went OpenCart because it's an easier system to use for small projects like mine. Although Magento comes highly regarded, it seems far too much overkill for what I'm doing at the moment.

fatzebra

Hey Webfunk,

Is the current Bendigo set up a hosted solution or an integrated solution? If it's hosted, then you might need to follow up with Bendigo bank and see if they will allow direct integration with OpenCart.

MiGS should be fairly straight forward to integrate with. Most banks will offer MiGS integration as an alternative to their own systems and just requires them to set up an account for direct integration.

nina

Top Contributor
Bendigo Bank do not have integrated merchant facilities. I was hoping to move to them, but they do not have online integrated facilities.

It makes no difference what cart is being used, until they have support, there is no api to connect to.

Joel

Top Contributor
WebFunk, if you can't get it setup directly with Bendigo Bank, then you could setup the merchant account with another bank, say Westpac, and have the settlement account only with Bendigo. That way the funds end up in the correct account but are processed by an alternative bank.

fatzebra

Although banks prefer you to hold both facilities under the one roof, there is no real issue with having a settlement account and IMF with different institutions. The only issues you might have are clearing times which might be longer between two banks.

phpdev

Shouldn't be that hard to mod over to Bendigo Bank.
I have done ANZ eGate installations before, which is MIGS
http://www.anz.com/small-business/p...nt-services/internet-payment-solutions/egate/

You can download a Developer Kit at:
http://www.anz.com/australia/business/merchant/DownloadDevKit.asp

My customers supplied me with a TEST login for their MIGS Gateway, so I could testing with dummy credit card transactions.
Ask your customer if they can login the their Bendigo Bank MIGS control panel, and set you up as an additional TEST user.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member