What's new

Domains 101 [Infographic]

findtim

Top Contributor
the original infograph on the thread is great, peter your addition is also informative but the average JOE won't read it, so sadly all this GREAT info goes to waste.

from a sales pitch maybe it has to be as short as this:

"would you like to own dentist.com.au ? well sadly you can't but you can own dubbodentist right now before I email your competitor"

? just a thought.;)

I spoke to a client today who has a longtail domain that I "rescued" for her on drops a month ago as the typical renewal email went to an ex employee email address that wasn't being checked !!!

and I told her of another domain dropping the other day that she SHOULD be interested in and she just went " ummm, nah, " I said if you don't buy it someone else may and it will DIRECTLY compete against your business AND its better then the one you have.

still " ummm, nah, "

so now its sitting there as a hand reg just waiting for someone to come through and take it, she has the longtail and rejects the 2 word domain ??????

people STILL don't get it

tim

petermeadit

Top Contributor
"would you like to own dentist.com.au ? well sadly you can't but you can own dubbodentist right now before I email your competitor"

How many dubbodentists have you got Tim? :D
Sitting on them to increase the value huh? Nice trick.

Cheers.

findtim

Top Contributor
I thought everyone new I just use "dubbodentist" as the term for an EMD which I talk about, thus I don't have to give over real domains, everyone feel free to use it if it suits your posts needs.

I actually do not have a client that is a dentist in dubbo.

I think that most of us "late to the game" deal in 2 word domains , may have a handful of 1 word domains, but 2 words can be VERY significant and brandable, I try to stay away from 3 words but have a few.

thankfully I mostly missed the "newbie" mistake of hypens and .net.au's ( just have a few)

the infographic is really good, i'd like to see one for .com.au if any one has a link please.

its that kind of simple detail that helps businesses understand quickly the NEED to purchase a good domain.

sooooooooo many things to do and no time spare !!!

tim

petermeadit

Top Contributor
I thought everyone new I just use "dubbodentist" as the term for an EMD which I talk about, thus I don't have to give over real domains, everyone feel free to use it if it suits your posts needs.

Finally did a whois on this domain... no site on this domain, you gonna put some content on it?

findtim

Top Contributor
ohhhhh of course, that's what I do and how I get clients.

but if I sell dubbodentist I will need another site to whinge about :D

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads