What's new

Domainers told to grow up...

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
I think the Title of this thread possibly attracted some quick clicks...

This article is worth sharing, if for no other reason than to encourage more discussion.

Nominet chief tells domainers to grow up
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/27/domainers_grow_up/

PS: I have enjoyed watching our DN Trade community engaged on some of the discussion topics I have recently posted. For example, I'm still enjoying following the discussion about Trophy Domains.

It is all great stuff, and everyone has valuable insights to contribute and share. Any mature discourse helps towards developing a community where we all feel both included and represented.

Have a great weekend, and catch you @ the Drop!

George

snoopy

Top Contributor
"If I hear complaints about people being threatening or abusive [to Nominet staff] on the phone, it's people from this industry," she told the intimate gathering.

I think she'd perhaps have to ask questions about his own organisation if people are regularly ringing up and threatening staff. People usually ring up and get angry with companies who treat the client badly, banks, insurance companies etc.

Having said that there has has always some unstable types in the domain industry so hard to know where the truth really lies. But...nothing is going to change by telling people grow up or making suggestions of tighter government oversight in my view. The industry won't ever be able to regulate itself, not with thousands of domainers of varying size and knowledge levels.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Just picked up this thread about the International responses to this article I posted last week.

http://nametalent.com/blog/?p=2561

The Lesley Cowley, CEO of Nominet.com, hasn't won himself any fans talking down to such an important subset of the greater domain community. Sometimes is all about the "delivery".

Best Regards,
George Pongas

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads