1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Domainer Buyer VentraIP Account

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by Chris.C, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

I would normally post this in a VentraIP support ticket, but it's not actually my problem, it's someone who I have sold a domain to's problem.

Basically the buyer decided to go with the VentraIP COR due to price, but they didn't have a VentraIP account.

Anyway that didn't seem to be an issue in that they gave me the money to pay for the COR so I was able to intiate the transfer and push the domain into the buyers name, but they now want to transfer the domain from VentraIP to another domain host, but they don't have an account with VentraIP so how do they access the domain's password (EPP)?

(on a side note - is VentraIP going to make it possible for the buyer to pay for COR because at the moment it seems like only the seller can pay for COR - is that the case?)

2. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
  3. James

James Membership: VIP

In that case just say split 50/50 on COR, done that plenty of times with Escrow.

Some buyers even say they will pay 100% of fees.

4. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

Its the responsibility for the existing registrant to pay us for the COR, we don't want to have to go chasing customers we don't know for a COR when the existing registrant just wants to sell off the domain. We'd rather have the existing registrant pay it then on charge at their desired rate.

The domain should be in their account, since you pushed it over to the new customer which they can use the Manage Domain Names and view the password for the domain.

5. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

So do you guys automatically setup a new account for people who have domains pushed to them, but who didn't previously have an account with VentraIP?

6. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

7. GGroup

GGroup Membership: Community

Option 1. - Leave in existing VIP account
    Option 2. - Push to an existing VIP account
    Option 3. - Push to a new VIP account

Great options for CORs.