1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Domain8 Server Problems

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by soj, Sep 28, 2009.

1. soj

soj Founder

Today I woke up in sunny Nice, logged into Domain8 only to find that 99% of the domains hit the drop zone, only TWO were caught. Looked in my email account and found this email from George.

Anyone else have any domains they were heavily bidding on which hit the drop zone? I was on the money for RewardPoints.com.au (perfect for a credit card site) but alus Domain8 let me down :(

2. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I was going for 12 and had my bids prepared ready to hit go when it froze. It is the first time it's happened on D8

Lot of people got some cheap domains today...

3. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Likewise - I was so peed off! I had logged in earlier, checked what I wanted to bid on, then logged off. Then tried to log on at 10.20am, but couldn't get on. Frozen out! I frantically phoned George on his mobile, only to get voicemail! My reaction at the time was intense!

Anyway, it's happened, and we can't bring back the past. I'm sure George feels absolutely ghastly, and is going to be doing his best to make things work better from here on in.

Cheers, Ned

P.S. And Soj, I was also going for rewardpoints.com.au! :D How much were you prepared to pay? LOL!

4. soj

soj Founder

Well well well, I had put in a bid for $300 for rewardpoints, that was the third bid i had put in after my original $100 haha.

I just checked my email now, and got an email from Domain8 saying I had won the domains I had bid on. So I guess all went well in the end.

How did your guys domain auctions go, Im sure when you check your email in the morning, you'll have a couple of nice surprises.

5. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You lucky bugger Soj!

No email in my in tray - I couldn't log on because of Domain8's server problems.

Good luck to you!

Cheers, Ned

6. DOMAIN8

DOMAIN8 Membership: Community

Hi Guys,

Just wanted you all to know that we made some significant improvements to our auction database last week. Hopefully you all noticed the changes at today's auction.

Today was the first Monday after the improvements and everything ran great. Monday is traditionally a high volume day with, many bids, many domains, and a huge list coming in off the weekend.

Any feedback to report? I am interested to hear what people experienced today at our drop auction. Please include some basic details about your CPU, Browser, OS, and Connection.

Best Regards,
    George Pongas | CEO
    DOMAIN8 Pty Ltd

7. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    All good for me, thanks George. I grabbed a dozen I think.

Big day for you guys! SpringRacing.com.au at $3,211??!!

8. soj

soj Founder

Running fine for me too George, though 95% of the time I have put in bids the night before.