What's new

Domain Shield relaunch

DomainShield

Top Contributor
Hi Dntraders

Many of you know that since moving on from Netfleet, I have taken an ownership stake in auDA Accredited Registrar Domain Shield.

While Domain Shield has already been operating for some time, we have refined our approach to focus on the following:

Domain Names
Brand Protection
Hosting
Domain Portfolio Management

Over the past few months we have been speaking to portfolio owners, to seek feedback on what it is that they want from a Registrar. The input (including from many of you on DnTrade) has been positive and has lead us to develop the following industry leading tools for our customers:

1. Bulk Domain Transfers – The Domain Shield bulk transfer tool enables bulk transfers of .au domain names, with added transfer manager to show you which transfers have succeeded and how long it will take before completion. While at the end of the process you receive a confirmation email to let you know that a transfer has been completed.

2. Bulk Change of Registrant (COR) – In an industry first Domain Shield offers a bulk COR tool, so that you get one email request for authority not dozens or even hundreds in the case of large portfolio transfers.

3. Advanced domain management – In another industry leading move, Domain Shield offers a unique and easy to use domain management console, which enables you to manage your domains and services quickly and efficiently, while at the same time providing you with key data at your finger tips.

4. Monthly reporting – In order to help you budget and manage your cash flow, Domain Shield provides monthly reports on your expiring domains and services, and provides forecasts of domain and service renewal fees.

Domain Shield also offers a number of other premium products including email virus / spam filtering, hosted email, email archiving, website monitoring, Cpanel Hosting and VPS.

To celebrate our relaunch:

We are giving away an iPad Mini to one lucky customer this month, to be eligible just purchase, renew or perform a Change of Registrant on any domain name in the month of March 2014, each action will equal one entry so the more you perform the better your chances; and

We are offering 15% off the Change of Registrant until 31 March 2014 – this will be applied automatically.

We look forward to being of service to you all!

For any questions feel free to call our friendly team on 1300 725 021 or contact us by email support@domainshield.com.au.
If you feel the question is relevant to everyone then ask the question here so we can all benefit.

Kind Regards
Anthony Peake
Director and General Manager
Domain Shield

sirrobin

good to see some competition in this area

1. is your COR process paper based ? the link on your site leads to a pdf
2. are you charging $29.95 for .au transfers ?

1. yes COR is paperless, I used it, and it works well - I love the status manager which shows me what is going on;

2. the price depends on total names under management, I use Domain Shield and the price I pay is dependent on this. I like it because it rewards people with portfolios;

DomainShield

Top Contributor

1. Sorry about that I forgot to update the link in the main menu. It has been updated now (it will ask you to login) I'll add a more informative page for logged out users shortly.

2. All .au transfers (of registrar) are free. Pricing of renewals and Transfer (Change of Registrant) are dependent upon number of domains under management.

DomainShield

Top Contributor
nice looking site, about time someone did bulk COR
I wanted to start with a COR that was at least as good as all the existing online COR systems. I got a bit carried away with the development so it took a bit longer than expected but you can expect the new tool to be able to handle the following.

*) All online
*) Interfaces are mobile/smart phone friendly
*) Can handle bulk tasks if required (will group approval emails and invoices).
*) Can handle Trademarks (and the usual ABN, ACN and Reg BN).
*) Will process tasks in parallel (seller can click approval email and pay invoice in under an hour then go on holiday)
*) Can split bills.
*) Seller can optionally provide buyers ABN/ACN details to minimise end-user delays over .au eligibility rules.
*) Buyers or Sellers can initiate the process.
*) Has an integrated Transfer (of registrar) built in (also able to handle bulk).

DomainShield

Top Contributor
Just a quick bump as it is the middle of the month to remember that we are running two specials this month.

1) 15% off Change of Registrants processed in March

2) iPad mini give away "to be eligible just purchase, renew or perform a Change of Registrant on any domain name in the month of March 2014, each action will equal one entry"

If anyone is curious about services we offer but cannot be bothered to setup an account to see how it works feel free to drop me an email at support at domainshield.com.au with your name and number and I'll give you a call next week to discuss your registrar requirements. Since I am still building a few of the more useful tools I will probably even be able to include some of your ideas into the next release.

One idea which came to light this week was for a buyer initiated Change of Registrant where the seller is not required to create an account. In this case the buyer would need to nominate to pay for the COR and will need to provide the domain and password. This seems like a logical idea as it is pretty pointless for a seller to create an account which is only going to hold a domain name for a few minutes anyway.

DomainShield

Top Contributor
DNTraders,

1) Due to popular demand I've decided to keep the 15% off Change of Registrant special going for April and May.

2) We have held the draw for the iPad mini give away and sent the iPad speedily away to one happy customer/dntrader who is apparently "popular at home again". Sorry to all the transferees and CORers who missed out, we appreciate the business and believe the personalised service makes it worth your while anyway.

Anyone out there who needs assistance transferring domains or who just wants to be able to see their name servers and eligibility details for all the domains in their portfolio on a single page, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help you consolidate your portfolio with us.

Anthony

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members